Yuushi Oshitari - Partners

Inspired by Your Lie in April.

Y/n pressed her fingers at the piano keys while looking at the notes in front of her. She is currently playing 'Nocturne Op. 9, No. 2' as Sakaki listens.

"You've improved a lot since then..."

"Playing piano is like a catharsis for me."

"I see."

She pursed her lips, tapping continuously and creating a sweet melody. As a fond of classical piano, she never misses piano lessons when she was young. Now that she is finally a teenager, having enough knowledge and skills, she now plays piano by herself. Only printed papers with musical notes assist her to enhance her novice experience.

She sighed softly when she remembered something. Y/n will participate in a competition yet sadly, she doesn't have a violinist that'll pair up with her.

"L/n? What's wrong?"

"Eh? Ah, it's nothing."

"Hm? Anyways, there will be another competition, right? Will you participate?"

"Yeah, but..."

"But what?"

"I need a violinist."

"A violinist?"

"Mhm, that competition requires a pianist and violinist. A duet? As I can say."

"I see. Good luck."

"Yeah."

Y/n stood up from the stool and closed the piano, covering it with a large cloth. Sakaki, along with the young female left the music room as she bowed in appreciation.

Staring at the floor while walking, she was thinking, will she find someone who plays the violin? Since she is only familiar with a few people, she can't ask others for help. It doesn't matter whether it's a girl or a boy, as long as she can play on the stage, with hundreds or thousands of people listening and enjoying the power of classical music.

"How will I start asking? Shall I make a poster about it?"

She tapped her chin and looked above, imagining the outcome of the poster if she did make one.

'Violinist needed! Payment 1,000,000$!!!!!!!! Apply now!'

"Hm...I don't have dollars, I'm unable to scam people as well."

At the time she stopped in her tracks, a tall male bumped against her back. She turned around and apologized right off the bat.

"I'm so sorry! I should've paid attention!"

"Hm...? It's okay, young lady."

'He has such a low voice.'

She innocently tilted her head and stared at the strange lad in front of her, "You speak Kansai dialect?"

"Yes, is it weird?"

"No, it's not. Why did you ask? Um...is it weird for you?"

He shook his head to answer her being clueless that his question is meant to shake her off.

"Ah! Sorry, I must be blocking your way. Here you go."

She step aside but tilted her head again when he chuckled.

"Sorry if I meddled in your business, but are you planning to scam people with a poster?"

"Eek, you heard that? Did I say that aloud? But I meant it as a joke though..."