Sadaharu Inui - Love At First Sight

The sound of the wind whistled in his ears along with the cold air that brushes onto his pale skin.

Sloppily scribbling notes in his notebook, he jot down every piece of data he collected over the past few days. His pen leaked dark ink on the white paper.

It is quiet and peaceful. He's free from any disturbance, unlike outside. No one can elaborate on the comfort inside the library. He scanned all of his notes before glancing at the notebooks that is in disarray on the table he was in.

He continued skimming through his notebooks but is also cut off by the sudden movement of the chair in front of him.

A certain brunette and a stoic male sat at the empty seat, embracing their books with their rather muscular arms.

His fellow third-year murmured an 'excuse me' while the other one giggled slightly, leaning his chin onto his palm.

"Organizing data, Inui?" Fuji asked, wearing his usual smile.

"Yes."

A brief nod made them silent, until Tezuka shifted on his seat, catching the duo's attention.

"You've got a lot of notebooks there, Inui." He stated, opening a German language textbook.

Inui pushed his glasses up, tracing the edge of his notebook gently, "I have to organize them one by one."

He answered casually since it's normal for him to do things like this, it's not of a challenge to him anymore, writing on separate notebooks.

"I see."

It didn't take long before Fuji spoke up, asking about how are his drinks going. He can't have a taste of his own drink himself, he admits but still...

"There's still room for improvement. All I need to do is find some ingredient that'll fit the tastes and have someone to rate them."

The three fell silent again. So instead of bringing up a topic, he resumed his activity earlier until he lift his eyes up once again.

A female entered the library, hugging all of her textbooks in her arms. Although her figure can't be seen since she's looking down, it was later on revealed when she tilted her head to move her hair away from her face.

Calmness is apparent to her as she pulled out a chair to sit on.

For the second time in his life, he is dazzled by a female.

He watched her actions gingerly. How she tucked a strand of her hair behind her ears and scanned the book placed on her table.

She slightly fumbled with the textbooks but immediately fixed them, leaning her elbows onto the table while moving from page to page.

"Inui?"

The third year was taken back to reality. He glanced at Fuji and Tezuka who is giving him confused gazes. Not wanting them to know about his situation, he dismissed them and went back to looking at his notebook.

But that didn't stop him from stealing glances at the girl who just appeared. She looks mature and well-behaved.

He won't deny that he wanted to know her more. It's his first time seeing her in Seigaku, and how clumsy of him for not checking up on the new transferees' last spring.

"Inui, are you really writing?"

His teammate questioned, causing him the flinch. Fuji found it amusing how he lost his composure but for what reason?

"Are you bothered by us?"

"Ah, no. I just..."

Glancing one more time at her figure, he slightly stirred from his seat when she was looking directly at him.

Not wanting any awkward interactions, he tried averting his gaze only to remain staring since the girl sent him a tiny smile.

And it is enough for him to lose his composure completely.

"Inui"

"Yes?"

"You're not answering my question."

"Oh, what is it again?"

"Hm? Were you perhaps taken by the girl at the other table?" Fuji grinned, teasing his teammate.

It caught him off guard. He shook his head frantically, sweat forming on his forehead.

"I'm not."

"Really? I caught you staring at her just a while ago."

"Fuji, don't tease Inui like that."

"It's true."

Inui hastily gathered all of his notebook that is on the table. Aligning them on his hands before standing up.

"I'll see you later."

But he stopped and looked at her, subconsciously walking towards her table instead. He stood there frozen until she noticed his presence. His lips are slightly pursed, trembling as she examined him.

"Hello," she broke the awkwardness ruling.

Yet he remained stunned, her smile didn't fade away as she closed the book before sitting primly.

"Do you have business with me?"

"Ah, no I don't. I just want to talk...?" He asked, sounding so unsure about his decision.

"Is that so? Ah, do you want to seat? Here." She pointed at the chair beside her, Inui couldn't muster up his confidence but he still has the guts to sit beside her.

"What's your name?"

"Inui...Inui Sadaharu."

"Oh, you're from the tennis club, right?"

"Right, and you?"

"I am Y/n L/n. 3rd year." She straightened her posture while her hands were still on her textbooks.

"I see. What are you doing?"

"Oh, I am organizing data from the other students."

"Really? Then is it okay for me to help?"

"Sure," Her lips curved a smile before collecting all of her textbooks.

If his love at first sight failed last time, then maybe today didn't.

END!