Gen'ichiro Sanada - Babysit

(s/n) = sister's name

-

The teen marched back and forth in his room, having a lengthy debate himself. He's planning to ask her on a date since all of his time is spent at the tennis club.

He replaced the ill captain's position, as the bench coach and the temporary leader. Everyone became busier than ever as Nationals is just around the corner. Yukimura is yet to come back and as a sadist he is, everyone has been enhancing their skills, aiming for number one so the captain won't be disappointed.

Drills became harder (when did their drills become easy anyways) and he can barely adjust his schedule to have free time. If he moved one of his works, it'll add more pressure on him when that day came.

A miracle really did happen. Yukimura, being the demon and angel at the same time, allowed them to rest for one day. No one dared to refuse him, everyone's numb muscles can relax now.

Tapping at the table impatiently, the telephone rang and beads of sweat slid down his temples. It's not his first time to ASK for a DATE but it's not frequent either. Maybe once in one month? Perhaps two months?

"Hello, L/n speaking."

"Y/n"

"...Gen'ichiro?"

"Yes, it's me." he heard how the other line paused, and it was giving him anxiety.

'Is she mad?'

"Hey, it's been a while. Do you have any business with me?"

The ravenette's heart is banging in his chest, "Um...there's something I want to ask you."

"Sure, what is it?"

"Can we go out tomorrow?"

And yet, another long pause again.

"Eh?"

"No...good?"

"No! Actually...I want to but..."

"But?"

"I have to babysit my little sister tomorrow..." her voice is sad.

He understood that. But tomorrow will be their chance to hang out for once in a while. Unfortunately, she has to do something on that day. Unknown what to say next, he grunted.

"Gen'ichiro? I'm really sorry...I want to go out with you as well."

Something came into his mind. It doesn't matter about the place, right? As long as he has to spend his time with her.

"I'll babysit with you."

"Eh?! Are you serious about that?"

"Yes. I don't mind."

"Um okay...you can come here anytime you want..."

"Yeah"

"You can call me if you changed your mind...well then, that's all. Goodnight, Gen'ichiro."

The long beep of the phone rang in his ears. He leaped on his bed, boring holes in the ceiling. He decided something that isn't contemplated by him but if he missed the chance, it'll take long again for them to see each other.

He'll just see what will happen tomorrow.

Sanada begrudgingly knocked on her door, already overthinking how things will turn out today.

"Coming!" A muffled sound came from the other side. Steadying his position, a certain h/c head appeared in front of him.

He looked at her small figure. Her hair is tied into a messy bun and she's wearing a large t-shirt, covering half of her thighs.