Rin Hirakoba - August

Salt air
And the rust on your door
I never needed anything more.

The air swooped in, and her (hair color) hair swayed along. Somehow, easing the hotness of the summer. The excruciating heat burned their skin as the duo hurried to the beach with a lighthearted beam curving on their faces.

Reveling the crystal blue sea embracing their calves, the sunlight smiles on them who's cheerfully playing with the warm water as the hotness of the sun penetrates the water. As they delved into the much deeper part of the sea, the stretch of their lips hasn't vanished, taking each one's presence to heart.

"Hey, (name)-chan! Come here, the water is pretty cool."

"Really?" She asked the blonde male, seeking assurance as she drags herself toward him, the sea consuming her chest, "I'm scared, this is too deep."

But the abrupt wrap around her waist made her snap from her reluctance, her orbs twinkling as she jerked her gaze toward him. His smile expresses that he'll never allow something bad to happen to her.

Whispers
Of "Are you sure?"
"Never have I ever before"

The two remained still in that position before he dropped his grasp around her waist and merely takes her hands instead, dismaying her. Though, in the back of her mind, she was utterly enchanted by his entirety.

"Hurry, (name)-chan, while Eishiro hasn't found us," Hirakoba peeked at her small figure, attempting to keep up with his pace. A chuckle slips out from his lips, heeding her small movements underneath the heaviness of the sea.

"You're so cute, (name)-chan."

His unheralded words made her heart bloom. And she could never get used to his suddenness, something she adored about him.

But I can see us
Lost in the memory
August slipped away into a moment in time
'Cause it was never mine

Months eventually dragged on, seemingly like a time skip from stories as chapters reaches their progress. (Name) traversed through the mundane pavement of Okinawa, her own melancholia accompanying her from her small journey.

Reminiscing her past with the guy she got used to with. As she fathoms their downfall, a stinging ache struck in her chest. She constantly asked all those "Why's" to herself, only to be left unanswered for she could not thoroughly comprehend what happened to them either. She and Hirakoba.

(Name) eventually founds herself curled on her bed, shuffling on the already creased bedsheets. Her eyes dropped to her phone, anticipating a specific user to message or call her. This went on for months, and what infuriates her is that she never got used to it. At least, she still clasps on this tiny, inexistent hope that he might talk with her again.

All she ever yearned for is that simple, "Hello, how are you?" yet every single day will leave her disappointed. All she could perceive is the subtle rustling of the leaves outside her room. It's almost as if she dwells in a never-ending cycle, she could never break free from.

Your back
Beneath the sun
Wishing I could write my name on it
Will you call when you're back at school?
I remember thinking I had you

August had passed, and Hirakoba's absence remained. Students returned back from school, yet (name) couldn't find the motivation to attend class once again. However, she barely managed to enter the school grounds.