Shuusuke Fuji - Final Dance

Her eyes gazed upon the fields of aesthetic flowers organized based on their kinds.

Orbs gleaming in awe, she suddenly felt a thump on her chest. This caused her to turn her head towards her back only to meet a gorgeous teen smiling at her.

"Do you like it?" Fuji asked as he stepped beside her, his hair flying along with the chilly wind.

"I do, I really like it."

"Really? More than me?"

"N-no! Of course, I like you, Shuusuke. I mean-not as something, you know..."

Y/n answered him in fluster, shades of red dusted her cheeks. She admits the male standing beside her isn't a friend of hers anymore. Actually, he's someone that she really adores, someone she views romantically.

"Hehehe, I'm just teasing."

"Shuusuke..."

They met when both of them enrolled at the Seishun Academy. Eventually, both of them became close friends and while it progresses, she fell for him. Typical male and female best friends huh?

Yet how can she prevent it when he teases her whenever he cared for her too much? When he's gentle to her every time...

It can be as a sign of close friendship only but no matter what, no matter what she does, she loses it all and betrayed the friendship.

"Sorry, sorry. You wanna see the cactuses I was talking to you about?"

"Sure."

"Then let's go."

While he explains the difference between them, she thought, will she buy a pair of cactuses for both of them before she leaves?

"Y/n?"

"Sorry. Um, what is it again?"

"Hm? I caught you staring at my face earlier, fell head over heels to me already? Hehe."

Y/n merely giggled, not knowing what to do as she might spill something that she'll regret eternally.

What he said was true, anyhow.

"I'm just thinking, should I buy some farewell gift?"

"Oh, Y/n. I'm the one who should buy you one."

"Hm, but I want to buy some for you, as a remembrance I suppose."

"I really don't want our goodbyes to get emotional."

"Me too. So let's enjoy the day before I leave!" She beamed, Fuji's lips stretched in an endearing smile seeing her.

-

It ended with both of them strolling in the city, looking around for some stuff and eating.

She went home along with him since he insisted that he'll help her pack her things.

Y/n hastily shoved her clothes in the luggage. Things jumbled on the floor and her bed.

Fuji is organizing them one by one while she organizes the essentials. As soon as she finished packing, she sat down beside him.

He often talks a lot when he's with her, but the unusual thing is, he's quiet. Even his breathing was... dull.

"Shuusuke?"

"Hmm?"

"Um..."

"Oh. You'll take this with you?"

She looked at the plant encyclopedia he gave her on her birthday. It still looks new as if it was just bought by him yesterday. It was a gift from him after all, and she's willing to treasure it wholeheartedly.