Takeshi Momoshiro - Duo

The spiky-haired male paces out of the tennis club, huffing out air as he exasperatedly exits the court.

His hands were clasped behind the back of his head, supporting its weight as he rests his head on his palm.

"Hmm...~ what should I do today?"

He ponders to himself, giving a wary consideration of his activities.

Will he eat?

Will he play on the street tennis courts?

Will he check newly arrived CDs?

A sigh exudes from his mouth, given the activities he can do, he still has no motivation to do so.

Echizen, his usual companion, disappeared out of nowhere, and he wasn't surprised by it. Echizen always does things at his own pace.

Perhaps he could take Horio, Kachirou, and Katsuo instead-

"Hey! Momo!"

A feminine voice resonates in his ears and upon turning around, he was able to discern who the person is.

She was sprinting and waving her hand simultaneously at him, her (h/c) locks brushed on her face.

His usual bored demeanor shifted to a friendly one, grinning at her small figure (at least to him she is).

"Oi! Y/n!"

Momoshiro watched as she tried to catch her breath, ceasing in front of him.

Regaining her energy, she eyed him, her lips slightly pursed.

"Hey, where do you think you're going? Where's the 500 yen I lend you?" She crossed her arms almost as if she were a neighbor who fuss about debts.

"Oh! Sorry, sorry, I always forgot."

The lad sheepishly scratched his head, making Y/n pout. Momoshiro merely chuckled, whereas he always considered her pouts adorably funny. But he never tells her that.

"Alright, alright. I'll treat you something."

Her pout faded, replaced with a soft smile as she pats his shoulders, "Where are we going to eat?"

"On a plate."

"I'm so done with you, Momo."

"I'm just kidding, just kidding. Let's try the new café?"

"Alright."

Momoshiro eyed her with adoration. Having her beside him makes him genuinely happy is an understatement, he always knew his feelings toward her are surreal, and not simply just... "happy."

Of course, he'll never reveal that.

Aside from Echizen, she was someone whom he also shares a respectable bond with, and its deterioration is something least he wanted.

"Momo?"

"A-ah, yes?"

"You're staring at me."

When she looks at him with those glimmering orbs, something inside him stirs... making his feeling so... fuzzy and warm.

"Sorry, sorry. Anyway, the café is just a few blocks away."

She replied with a brief nod, batting her eyes on the streets as Momoshiro trailed behind her.

After a few more walking, they arrived at a café.

The tiny bells hanging on the entrance jingled as they pushed the glass door open, they were greeted by a welcoming and comfy ambiance and were seated near the windows.