Eiji Kikumaru - Just A Friend To You

Eiji was my first POT crush, lmao.

-

"(Name)-chan!" He hopped in front of her, enveloping the girl rather tightly.

"E-Eiji!" (Name) exclaimed his name, startled. He does often greet her like this, shouting her name loudly but the hug is the one that makes her feel sort of weird.

He could've just patted her back or something like that.

It's not like she hates it but the reason is, her heart is going crazy, the same as her mind too.

♬Why you gotta hug me like that, every time you see me?♬

"Eiji! I c-can't breathe!"

"Ah~ sorry, sorry~"

She isn't suffocating from the hug but the quick thumping of her heart causes her to run out of breath, as if her heart is crawling into her throat.

"What's up anyways?"

"Nothing! I just called you out when I saw you, I have something to tell you too!"

"Really? What is it?"

"You know my parrot, right? The one I told you last time?"

"Er...oh! I remember!"

"I was singing in my room yesterday and there's a line that says 'stop it' in the end, and my parrot exactly said at that part, 'Stop it, Eiji!'"

He narrated while his hand is gesturing randomly. She giggled and tucked a strand of her hair in her ears.

"And?"

"Nya~ I don't know if I should laugh or something, like what should I do when he told me to stop? It's not like I sound bad when I'm singing, right?"

(Name) laughed. People always get mad at someone childish, but his immaturity is really something.

Something that makes her happy, something that makes her feel at ease.

Something that makes her fall in love with him.

♬Why you always making me laugh?
Swear you're catching feelings♬

As they walk together through the hallways of the school. Female students gossipped about them. No one knows what exactly is going on between them, and neither did she.

"Are they really dating?"

"I'm so jealous! I want to be with Kikumaru-senpai first!"

"They're too close, they must be dating."

Those were the casual rumors that travels around the school yet none of them were confirmed.

Actually, it's one-sided love.

♬I loved you from the start
So it breaks my heart
When you say I'm just a friend to you♬

Kikumaru is a naive one, to say the least. He does things as he pleases, not minding everyone's impression of it.

"Hey, Kikumaru! Are you dating (Name)?" His classmate asked him arrogantly as Kikumaru only tilted his head, clueless.

"No, she's just a friend, why?"

"Hah! Told you they're not dating!" The group celebrated the confirmation and the teen only remained clueless.

"Hoi~ hoi~ Fuji. Why does everyone mistook that me and (Name)-chan are dating?"

"Hm...Why do you ask?"