𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 - 𝐌𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐚𝐲.

Here I am, moving out of my grandparents house to follow my 'dreams' honestly I cringe at myself when I say it

Here I am, moving out of my grandparents house to follow my 'dreams' honestly I cringe at myself when I say it. As much as i'm excited to take my next step in life, i'm dreading having to see my mother everyday of my life until i can afford to pay my own way through life.

Ever since dad died, shes never been the same but in a bad way, well good way I guess. She seems happier like weight has been lifted off of her shoulders. It confuses me because they seemed so in love before the incident.

Oh and let me mention how she already found a new man to string along she found him only 2 years after my father passed. Like hello your meant to be mourning him? Anywho one thing I'm dreading even more than seeing her is meeting him. I dont even know his name, how he looks like and honestly I don't care all I know is that he's got money and that I really do not want to see him in my dads position. The last time I saw my mother was 3 years ago when she came to congratulate me graduating after that she barely even calls which actually I don't mind.

The next morning:

It was harder than I thought it was going to be to say goodbye to my grandparents. I just hope it's not the last time because since they're old, you never know what to expect.

My best friend, Dominic drove me to the airport. It was easier saying goodbye to him since he made it very clear he was going to come visit me in no time. He's honestly been there for me more than my own mother especially after everything I've been through. He's the one person I can really trust with anything. I owe him my life.

The plane journey was longer than anticipated but it wasn't as bad since I was flying business. The one good thing about my mother is that she had money. She buys herself out of everything. She even had to bail me out of jail once but I think that's a story for another time.

When I arrived there was a guy who looked a couple years older than me holding a piece of cardboard saying my name but of course it was spelled wrong "Ariana Rabello". I'm not even surprised, this happens more than it should. I can't believe I thought my mother would come get me. Really proves how much she misses me.

I walk towards him and smile "Ariana Rabello?" He blurts out. "Auriana, and yes. You are?" I respond in a neutral tone. "I am your chauffeur, can't you tell?" Of course I can tell. I wanted to know his name, idiota. "Yeah I can see that, I meant your name." I replied. "Oh apologies." He nervously apologised while rubbing the back of his head. "I'm Emiliano Wilder." He stuck his arm out to shake my hand and I shook his back. "Follow me." Emiliano commands.

He leads me to a SUV and opens the door for me. I smile and thank him before stepping in. The car ride was surprisingly pleasant we made small talk but it was easy and not forced at all. Once we arrived my jaw almost dropped to the floor. This house was massive, my mothers fiancé was richer than I anticipated. "Nice isn't it?" Emiliano asks with a smile on his face. "Very." I replied with wide eyes. "Yeah, my tio has good taste." He says. "Tio? He's your uncle?" I ask surprised completely ignoring the beautiful scenery outside of the car. "Sadly, my mother is his sister." He replies jokingly. I accidentally let out a small giggle and he jus smiled at me. Now that I really look at him he's actually kinda cute. Not my type, but cute.

When I got out the car I saw my mother run out of the big modern doors with her arms open wide to come hug me. For a mother who didn't even go pick her daughter up from the airport she seems to miss me I guess. "Filha! Estas bem?" She blurts out and I respond "Olá mãe, yes im fine." ("Daughter! Are you okay?) ("Hello mum")

"I missed you so much." She said after letting me out of her embrace. "Yeah, me too." I said faking a smile. She went to go greet Emiliano before returning back to me. "I can't wait for you to meet Luciano!" "Who?" I responded with frown on my face. "Silly me. My fiancé." She blurts out with a hand on her forehead. Oh, him. How I've been dreading this since the second I decided to come here to Miami. "He's at his office right now, but when he comes back you can meet him." I nodded my head.

Emiliano excused himself and what I'm assuming he returned home. My mother led me inside and showed me around the main parts of the house otherwise we would be there forever. As much as I already hate this man I have to admit like Emiliano said he has amazing taste the house was a mixture of grey, black and white with accents of navy. I loved it so much but of course I'll never actually admit that to my mother or to this so called Luciano.

My favourite part of the whole house was the music room with the piano I used to play it back in the day with my dad, he taught me. He always had such passion for instruments which of course caused me to follow in his footsteps before he lost his life. I tried but I couldn't, it just wasn't the same. It was hard not to burst out into tears everytime.

Once my mother showed me my room I was stunned it was double the size of my room back home at my grandparents place and it was lilac, my favourite colour from when I was younger. I still like lilac but it's not my first choice. I'm probably going to buy some more decorations for it though to make it a bit more me.

A couple hours went by quite quickly because i was unpacking all my belongings and redecorating with my old decorations from Portugal. Until I heard my mum call my name. I took my time coming down as I couldn't be bothered for whatever she had to say.

Once I got downstairs, I was bombarded with
a presence I wasn't expecting at all which is on me because I honestly should have. "Auriana, Luciano, Luciano Auriana." My mother said while pointing at me and her fiancé back and fourth. I was at a loss for words he was smoking hot, he had this brunette slicked back hair but it was a bit messy considering he just came back from work. Luciano had these light green eyes that stood out, they were beautiful. None of us dared to speak he was in complete silence. Which confused me, I knew why I was speechless but why was he?

Luciano suddenly cleared his throat and stuck his hand out to shake mine and I returned the favour. "Sorry, uhm it's nice to meet you" he blurted out as if he just clicked himself out of a daydream. "Y-Yeah nice to meet you too." I responded with a slight smile. I was still somewhat tongue-tied.

"Anyways, Luciano can we go out to eat? I really am not in the mood to cook." My mother blurred out while pouting, while her hand was going up his chest. The sudden action made me kind of mad but I just shook it off. "Of course, Melissa" he responded "Where?" She smiled and responded "That Italian restaurant we usually go to, I want to show it to Riri." She then looked at me. He smiled and questioned, "Riri?" "Oh it's just my nickname for Auriana from years ago!" She answered with a smile. "Mãe I hate that." I exclaimed while rubbing my forehead. Luciano let out a laugh and commented "It's cute." "Right? Honestly she's growing up to fast." My mother moaned.

I rolled my eyes when she turned her back. I was unaware that Luciano was still looking at me and he let out a small chuckle and when I realised it was at me I put a hand over my mouth. "What?" Mãe questioned. "Nothing." Me and Luciano said in sync. He wasn't as bad as I thought he was going to be.

I went upstairs to get ready to go out to eat to this 'amazing Italian restaurant' my mother claims it to be. I curled my hair and just let it down and did some natural makeup with a subtle smokey eye. I wore a dark red tight ruffled dress that hugged my body in all the right places with black red bottom heels. I also paired it with a silver necklace and a pair of silver hoops.

Once I was ready, I walked out of my room and went downstairs into the foyer where my mother and Luciano were waiting and my god this man was unreal.

꧁꧂

A/N : I hope you guys liked this first chapter! Theres more to come so be ready!