𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒 - 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞.

TW: Mentions of R^pe

"What do you want?" I asked, sniffling. "Have you been crying?" He asks ignoring my question while getting up from the stairs slowly coming closer to me.

"No.." I responded trying to look away. "Don't lie to me Riri." He said softly closing the remaining distance between us and placing his hand on my cheek and moving my gaze back to his. "I can see mascara smudges falling down your face. What happened?" He spoke in a gentle voice meanwhile rubbing my face with his thumb gently.

"I-I can't." I burst out into tears. I hated to be seen as vulnerable in front of anyone. But for some reason, I felt safe. He pulled me into his arms and just held me while I was hysterically crying.

Nothing that major even happened. I don't know why I'm feeling like this.

While still in his arms he put his hand on my head and we just stayed there silently for what feels like forever.

When I finally released myself from his embrace I apologised. "I'm sorry. For everything." "You have nothing to be sorry for Riri." He responded holding intense eye contact. Whenever my mother called me Riri it pisses me off but whenever he does it gives me butterflies.

I looked at his shoulder and saw it covered in my makeup. I tried to wipe it with my hand. "Um, sorry about that." I apologised while pointing at it. "Don't worry about it."

He walked away and turned his head. "You coming?" Luciano asked with a smile.

What made me feel even safer was that he didn't push me to tell him what happened. I'm sure he'll just ask Emiliano about it tomorrow or something.

I nodded and followed him to the kitchen. Luciano handed me a chocolate bar and I took it from his hands. "Grazie." I thanked with no enthusiasm in my voice but a slight smile on my lips. "Ah, you know some Italian yeah?" Luciano exclaimed his accent peeking through a tiny bit. "Not much, just a little my best friend is from Italy and he taught me some." I explained rubbing my eyes. "Interesting, I could teach you some more of you want?" He offered generously. "Yeah, I would like that. Maybe just not right now." I giggled.

He grabbed a bottle of whiskey and poured himself a glass. "You want some?" I shook my head. I don't think I should be drinking a whole other glass tonight.

I followed him out to the garden and we just sat on the concrete step in-front of the backyard door.

He lit up a cigarette and started smoking it blowing the smoke in the opposite direction so it didn't hit my face.

"Smoking kills." I joked around. "Oh yeah? Well so does drinking and what were you doing the whole night?" He teased. "Whatever" I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Your gonna ask Emiliano about it aren't you?" I looked up at him. "If your not going to tell me, yeah." He responded taking a sip of his whiskey after swishing it around. "Hm, fair enough." I stated in a low tone.