2.Masked guy

Nina POV.

The chaotic scene in front of me was a sign that their plan had already started and I couldn't do anything about it. Deimos and Phobos were fastening some belts around their waist .

The cold wind on my skin was due to the open passenger's door. I could see that the airplane was flying lower.

"There you are Nina, get ready ! we have to go." Phobos smiled like it was normal to get off an airplane in the middle of the sky , I was distracted by a skinny man in the background running out of the plane.

"Wasn't he the pilot? He jumped ! he left !" The panic attack took over me. I stumbled toward Marto and his bodyguards but they were sleeping like a log.

"Marto !" I shook him but he didn't move at all. "Hey , get up!" I pinched him on the side but he didn't react to anything.

"He is not coming , he can enjoy the crashing! " Phobos grabbed my wrist , pushing me toward the door, I pushed his hand away.

"Crashing? What did you do?" He grabbed my elbow this time and rushed to the front .

My jelly-like knees couldn't hold me to stand right at the edge of the plane , I begged my legs not to give up on me , I could see the endless desert under my feet as the clouds felt touchable in front of me . All of these are a sign of me being one step away from death!

"We don't have an extra Parachute ,so you have to jump with me!" He hugged me from behind and locked his arms around my waist.

"Jump? Down there , Never!" I used my right leg to kick the wall , so he fell on his back and I rolled as far as I could until I reached the middle of the plane.

"Maybe she wants to stay in this crashing airplane ! Let her stay and die." Deimos smirked as he clicked the last belt around himself ready to jump.

"Yeah she can stay '' Phobos didn't waste any time and ran out of the airplane. I could hear his screams of joy.

The wave of heat burned my face , my heartbeat was so strong that it caused me to move forward as if there was an earthquake in my body. He left me to die here .

"Ah, this guy only listens to me when he shouldn't !" Deimos murmured and rushed to me , he got a hold of my shoulders and thrust me to the door again. His action startled me, but I couldn't scream or react.

"CATCH HER" his shouting echoed in my ear but I didn't understand what he meant until he shoved me out of the airplane.

Jumping down from an airplane wouldn't even be the last thing on my to-do list , but this weightless feeling would be a great choice for my last.

After moments that felt like a year someone hugged me tightly , I was in the embrace of the person who pushed me down in the first place, with a Parachute that was properly designed for only one person . I had little to no hope for survival .

"you're safe now!" His warm words didn't help me to ignore the cold weather that froze my soul.

The deafening sound of the loud explosion could be heard from a distance . Thank God I wasn't there , even though I'm not in any better situation .

No one can decide which one is better , death by the explosion or crashing airplane?

Our heaviness resulted in a fast landing which was painful due to us rolling down a hill like a big human ball. I could hear his heavy breathing , he must be in pain but he was protecting my head against the rocks .

The thorn bushes torn our clothes but we made it down alive and that was a miracle for us,

"Mind getting up from me?" Deimos yelped, from all the possible positions for a landing , I ended up right on top of him. How embarrassing! I immediately stood up.

"So you are that famous pesky?" A heavenly smooth voice with an Italian accent caught my attention. I gathered all my courage to look him up. I analyzed him from toe to head, His trousers had sharp straight lines from knee to foot .I looked higher to his equally neat coat but the real shock was his masked face. He had a shiny black mask , he had straight brown hair but nothing more to see from his face . the silver cane in his hand sent the middle aged guy vibe but I couldn't be sure either.

"Who are ...?" I didn't finish my sentence because the person who betrayed me was standing right behind the masked guy. I couldn't control my anger as soon as I saw Phobos "How could you leave me there?" I grabbed his collar, but he didn't show any reaction . He was defenseless .

"Enough!" the Masked man snapped, I noticed two guns that were aiming at me, his extra large bodyguards were ready to shoot me.

"What are you doing? I..." It suddenly hit me that I was the only witness of their crime . "I won't tell anyone."

"Wrong move from a dead girl!" The masked man stepped forward while his cane was dancing in the air.

"You ... want to kill me?" I gulped trembling .

"It depends on you." His confusing answer wasn't a big help , phobos and Deimos stood in front of me and made a human wall to protect me.

"What if that's really her ? the prediction...." Phobos was trying to calm the masked guy or as they called him Ares . Maybe they mistook me with someone else.

The bodyguards holstered their guns when the twins blocked them, but it didn't affect Ares at all , he casually signaled them to move and they obeyed like good puppies.

"Did you know Marto before today?" his calm tune was even scarier , I shook my head. He hit the cane on the ground and roared "WORDS"

"N...no!" I stuttered.

"Then how did you get into that airplane ?" The mask covered all his emotions. It was so hard to guess what he wanted to hear. "I asked a friend to find a ticket, I ... Its my sister's wedding"

"Your sister's wedding turned into a funeral" The masked man cracked a joke and everyone else burst into laughter. "You were in that airplane , so you're dead for everyone " I narrowed my eyes to focus on everyone's face, why aren't they laughing anymore. "You have two choices , die here and give your parents a body to bury or come with us"

"Dead ? NO ! I have to go back , I can say I didn't get on that airplane.... please" Ares didn't like my ideas at all and he showed it by pointing a small pistol right between my eyebrows

"I tried to take it easy on you because the twins like you but You don't deserve this chance."

I was praying for my soul when Phobos poked my side "say sorry"

"I'm sorry" I repeated unconsciously but the gun didn't move, he wasn't satisfied with my words, so I added " I will come with you."

Ares finally put the gun away "Perfect , get in" he opened the black SUV car's door .

There was a tunnel made by these five men to the car . my steps toward the car were doubtful , entering the hell would be easier . At least I knew what was waiting for me . but with this masked guy I can never predict his next move.