8. Valentine's Day

Nina POV. 

As I laid on the fluffy king size bed , I recalled everything . So many things happened today , I never experienced a day like this . My life looked boring compared to what I experienced in this mansion . 

Everything is so exciting here and the cousins don’t have any intention to hurt me but my chest feels tight , I miss my parents . I always felt responsible toward them. I should go back home.

I stood up and grabbed the cap that Kyros bought for me, he was right this came in handy.

I could remember all the possible ways to escape a situation like this thanks to the stories I’ve been reading in that orange app. But there is a huge difference , in my case the door is not locked and the window is open .

There isn’t any meanie maid who watches me or even a single guard around the yard or in front of the door. They should read some mafia story , what kind of mafia are they ?

I stepped toward the window , it was big and beautiful . I can see the view of the whole city from here . It’s dark outside and all the lights winked at me. “So beautiful.” I wish I could explore this city at peace , or at least know which city I am looking at ! must it be Milan , or Rome ? I would like any of these if I was free.

I felt dizzy the moment I looked down , this room was located on the second floor . Not too high right? If I went out of the window I could avoid any possible risk of getting caught.

“It’s just one floor , I won't die . I can land smoothly .” I encouraged myself as I climbed the handrail . My right side was hanging but I held myself tightly to the left side. I took a deep breath , closed my eyes . Ready to jump.

One , two , three …

I pushed myself to fall down but a pair of strong hand pulled me back with full force. I was expecting to land on the grass in the yard but I landed on a soft spot.

To be honest , on a soft man.

I slowly turned to see who was under me, Kyros had one of his eyes closed in pain . He must hurt his shoulder or something. I gulped “Hello Kyros.”

I got off of him and watched him cleaning his clothes . “Didn’t you promise me Nina?”

I played with my fingers , I didn't have anything left to say in my defence . I broke a promise and was found red handed . At the worst time possible.

“Get in.” He snapped,  grabbed my arm and pushed me in , locking the balcony’s door behind him. I guess I lost the minimum freedom that I had.

I felt a shiver go down my spine , the way he grabbed my hand was too harsh for him . He must be really angry this time. “Sorry ..” I murmured and closed my eyes, ready to get blamed but a soft pat on my knee surprised me.

I checked him to see he was trying to shake the dust off from my pants by patting it softly. “What if you got hurt?” His voice showed concern not anger.

His gentle behaviour left me speechless. “I didn’t lock the door so you won't do anything stupid just to get out of here , but you still chose the hard way.”

“What did you do with that orange hair man ?” I asked my long awaited question , but maybe I could’ve asked more politely. He stopped everything he was doing , raised his eyebrow and glared at me. “That has nothing to do with me. Police arrested the murderer already.”

I was dumb to ask such a question , He felt betrayed that I doubted him.