9.Cannibal

Nina POV.

Did you like the pancake?" Artor asked as he cleaned the table, I was tired of eating alone. After sharing cake with Kyros I couldn't enjoy my meals alone.

"It was great , thank you." My mind couldn't concentrate on anything but Kyros. He was a real gentleman , so handsome , so soft but I don't have a good background with boys , whenever I tried to give someone a chance . I end up losing my own pride and ego.

Flashback:

There was a boy in high school that slowly caught my attention , he would stop everyone in front of the door just for me to pass by . That's how he got my attention. I could hear everyone gossiping about us , he was thin and short with long hair and round glasses , later I realised his name was Max. I couldn't call him my ideal type but his attention was new to me , until one day. His best friend ran toward me , he seemed so nervous "Nina can I use your phone?"

I didn't hesitate to give it to him , "I forgot my phone and I can't find Max. I want to call him." He continued explaining as he dialled Max.

I was thinking about how smart he was to memorise his friend's phone number. But he hung up without talking to him and gave me the phone back.

"he just wanted your number." My friend Rose whispered. That was the first time my heart beat faster. After a few minutes Max called me "excuse me , did you call this number?" His voice still rings in my head.

Phobos brought me back to the present time . "Nina , I'm talking to you . Come play with us."

Phobos and Deimos were standing in front of me , I had no idea when they got in the room or when Artor left. "What game?" I was confused by their sudden request.

"Table football." Deimos snapped impertinently . I was about to decline the offer , because I had no idea how to play that game. But Deimos didn't let me respond, "I saved your life, you own me."

I sighed , I guess he wanted to blackmail me with this forever, "Fine ." It was a good Idea to accept the game , this way I couldn't overthink.

I followed them lazily , the table was placed in the backyard . I think this place is their game club . "You actually come ? Are you ready to lose?" Ares was in actual clothes waiting for us.

If I knew he was going to play too I wouldn't accept to play this. "She is in my team "Phobos stood beside me , Ares and Deimos stood right in front of us.

They showed no mercy , they were doing magic with their hands . It all happened so fast that I didn't realise when we lose to them.

"Hah, losers!" Ares cheered as he set a new record for most goals in less than thirty minutes.

I didn't get the time to be sad about the punishment when Deimos stepped to our side ."Punishment time ... " he suddenly attacked Phobos. They were fighting and pulling each other until Ares joined Deimos.

They carried Phobos by the pool and threw him in.

If I knew losing in this game had such a hard punishment, I would take it more seriesly . I don't want to catch a cold.

"Nina's turn." Ares turned to face me , we had eye contact for a second before I ran back to the house at full speed. I could hear him following me .

I was running aimlessly until I saw Kyros standing in the middle of the living room while talking to his dad. That's the best place to go for protection.

"KYROS save me." I shout . He was shocked , his face showed fear , he didn't expect to see me run to him like a bullet out of the blue.

Thank God I reached him in time. Before Ares could get a grip of me. I stood behind Kyros and held his sleeve in my fist. He stood there like a giant wall.