16. Hot And Cold

I woke up in my room, but as long as I remember, I was in Ares' room . Who brought me here ?

I stretched my legs and arms. I slept so well after a long time . It turns out that although I am still abducted in this place, I feel comfortable enough to sleep.

However, I still wanted to leave , so I couldn't stay in this house forever. After meeting Eros I'm afraid of what might happen. I lost my trust in all the Kings.

I washed my face and wore one of the beautiful clothes that Kyros bought for me. This actually feels better than what I experienced with Angel and Eros.
I searched everywhere for grandma and finally found her in her office. She was working with her laptop with Kyros standing beside her.

She was showing something to him and warned him "I think they know about her."

I was curious to know what she was showing him but there was no way , "Grandma!" I stepped in and ignored Kyros. "good morning. Can we talk… Can we talk about what I told you yesterday? Did you think about it?"

Kyros wanted to leave and give us space to talk privately but grandma stopped him "Wait , you should hear this too. You should know what Nina asked me."

he stayed but he didn't look at me , he kept his head down as he was avoiding any kind of eye contact.

"Tell him Nina, tell him what you asked me." Grandma was making it hard for , why should I speak to him when he is acting like this. I stayed silent.

"She wants to leave us."

He glared at me angrily. "What did you say?" He was harsh. I'm scared of him and I'm fed up with this.

"I…I just want to go home. I failed my first mission so I think its best for everyone if I go back where I belong to…"

He stepped in front of me. He wasn't avoiding eye contact with me anymore; he was looking straight through my soul with his arms crossed and a warning tune "Nina. What did I tell you about saying that word?"

He said he will kiss me if I mention anything about leaving and he wouldn't care who sees it. I covered my lips unconsciously. It's not that I forgot about his threat , but I thought he wouldn't care about me anymore.

"I ,, I just want to…" he cut he with his rough behaviour he pushed my hand away from my face and pulled me close pressing me against his chest. "You broke a promise, but I always keep mine."

he pressed his lips against my lips , so warm , so addictive. I almost forgot how much I love it to have him close to me.

Grandma started clapping her hand like a little kid. She looks so happy with what she was seeing "OMG! that's so romantic."

The kiss wasn't long enough , as he left immediately leaving me wanting more. He must be shy with what he did and Im sure my cheek were red.

I can never understand him. He's hot and cold. I was breaking inside.

Following him to his room wasn't the best idea, he seemed angry and confused just like me.

"What's wrong with you Kyros?" I shut his room door harshly "why are you like this? You are avoiding me and yet you want me to stay? You treat me like you dont give a shit about me then why do you care if I leave or stay? Are you crazy? I shot him with all the questions I had in my mind for a long time.

"Yes , I'm crazy , didn't you see my brother ? We are all crazy. If you stay close to me , IF…if I let myself fall in love with you I end up a monster like my brother, you want that?"
I could see the pain in his eyes, so that's what bothered him. He was scared of turning into a psychopath like his brother.

"But you're not…" he pushed me out of his room before I could say anything and he shut the door to my face , shouting "STAY AWAY FROM ME."

I couldn't handle my tears any longer , so I ran to my room and burst into tears. I hate you Eros King , you are not here but still your name can ruin everything for me.

I touched my lips , how sweet his kiss. I can't get it out of my mind.

Grandma walked to me with a wide smile "Is everything ok?" I wish I could hide somewhere. I'm so shy about what she witnessed earlier.

"Today is your first session , I don't want you to be late. Your couch is waiting for you." She pat my back encouraging me to get up.

I wonder what she wants from me now, what kind of class can it be? I followed her to the yard where Deimos was waiting for me.

"Welcome to Shooting Class by Deimos King." He held a beautiful pink gun in front of me.

I looked at Grandma confused , what's going on here.
"you are one of the kings now you should know how to protect yourself" she left me there as I held the gun awakwardly.

But …. But I want to leave! They actually forced me to stay in the polite way , they are nothing better than Eros.

"It's beautiful isn't it? I customised it for you." Deimos was so proud of himself .

"Yeah thank you, I love it."

He pointed to the far corner where Phobos was standing while keeping an apple over his head. "Can you shoot that apple?"

"What? Do you really used your brother as a target?" I could feel him trembling even from the far.

"Why not? Don't worry darling.Nothing happen to him. I've been trying my whole life and he's still alive." He shot the apple right above Phobos head perfectly. But the loud shooting sound hurt my ears. I'm impressed by his skills and his cruel nature.

Phobos ran away as soon as the apple was shot.

I was daisy when he held my arms "keep your arms straight and focused on that bottle." That's the hardest part. My hands were shaking automatically. And the target was so far , I missed the shot.

"OK OK let's try again. Close one of your eyes and look at that bottle as if it's your worst enemy." I tried my best , closing one of my eyes. I imagined Kyros and that helped me to shoot the perfect shot and break the bottle.

I could hear someone clapping his hands "Bravo, so that's our Nina."

I've never seen this new guy , he didn't look like the Kings . He wasn't as tall as they were but he was masculine with an ordinary look. But one thing for sure he wasn't here for a good reason.

Deimos stepped in front of me to protect me "who let you in?"

"calm down , I just want to see her."