☆6☆

Jisung could bearly keep his eyes open. His head flung forward, almost hitting the counter everytime he fell asleep. Why did he stay up so late last night? Why didn't he go to bed like Minho said?

The only thing keeping him alive that second was knowing that the red haired boy was coming in less than five minutes like usual.

"Jisunggie," spoke a familiar voice. Jisung's boss, Mrs Joon, stood behind the brunette. "Are you okay?"

"Mhm" he blankly answered. He didn't want to worry the older woman.

"You look tired" she said, ruffling Jisung's hair. The boy chuckled, smiling at the touch.

His boss had always been like a mother to him. It sounded stupid, but he really appreciated the woman being like that. It felt as if he had a mother again.

"Don't overdo it, it's okay if you need days off, dear!" she jokingly gave a light smack to Jisung's head.

"I'm okay, seriously Mrs Joon." he laughed softly, reassuring his boss.

"Did you have breakfast?" she then ask, to which the boy shook his head no. "Then get a slice of whatever cake you want and a coffee. Think of it as a 'thank you for working so well' gift. And if I hear you even try to decline I swear to god I'll chop your head off!" Mrs Joon said, walking back to her office to keep doing her work.

Jisung sighed, knowing very well that he'd be in more trouble if he didn't do what the woman said.

He leaned down, getting a piece of cheesecake in a plate, when the doorbell rang. He shot his head up to see who it was. He couldn't control his smile when he saw Minho there, walking to the counter and taking his mask off.

"Hey there, squirrel boy!~" he sang happily. "Good news: today is my day off!"

"Then the usual but you're having it here?" asked Jisung, turning to start making both his coffee and Minho's.

"And I'll have a slice of cake. You choose it for me."

"I'll be having cheesecake so you'll have chocolate cake and we'll share." decided the brunette.

"My boy's smart!" Minho said, leaning on the counter to look at Jisung better.

The younger thanked god that he wasn't facing the boy right now because he could hide his evident blush better that way. He screamed internally.

He was so going to fangirl over the 'my boy' thing with Hyunjin that afternoon. But right then and there he just laughed like it hadn't made his mind go into emergency shut down.

"Alrighty, here you go" said the brunette, giving Minho his slice of cake and his coffee before grabbing his own things and following the older to whatever desk he chose.

"So, what have you been up to?" Minho was the first to speak.

"Uhh, nothing much really, just busy with school and work. What about you?" he said, taking a sip of his caramel macchiato.

"My friends and I have been pretty stressed with work lately. We need to have a choreo ready for next week ad we bearly started. We'll get there, though." Minho played with the straw of his drink, turning it between his fingers.

"What do you work as?" asked Jisung. Now that he thought about it, he bearly knew anything about Minho. He just knew the boy was older than him and a cat person really.

"Oh, umm... It's complicated." started the red haired boy, not wanting Jisung to know he was famous.

He hated that people only addressed him as 'Byeolbich, the great idol' and not just like 'Lee Minho, the boy obsessed with cats and dancing'. Fame pressured him, but what did the most is that people already had their opinion of him based on what they saw on TV, not giving him any chance to be himself at all. Another reason why Minho loved spending time with Jisung was because the boy didn't know who he was. He didn't know who Byeolbich was. He could get to know who Lee Minho was. It made him feel the freedom he had long lost.

"I dance." he decided to simply say.

"Oh! So you're like a dance teacher or something?" Jisung asked, genuinely curious.

"Yeah, kinda like that. Anyways, let's stop talking about work in my day off!" Minho laughed, taking a bite of his cake right after.

"I've realized I know nothing about you." said Jisung, staring right at the older.

"What do you wanna know about me? There's nothing interesting here." Minho responded, taking another bite of his cake, avoiding Jisung's gaze unconsciously. As much as he wanted the brunette to get to know him, he still was too anxious.

"You're interesting to me." whispered the younger, turning red right after and coughing. "Ummm, so, I can ask whatever I want?" he went on like nothing.

Minho laughed.

His laugh was so pretty.

"Let's do this, you have one question and I have another one. That way we'll be even." proposed the red haired boy.

"Okay! I'll start. How old are you?" Jisung asked with an innocent smile.

"Twenty two, what about you?"

"I didn't know I was friends with a grandpa! I'm twenty!" Jisung exclaimed, putting a face of fake disgust.

"Well I didn't know I was friends with a baby!" the elder answered back.

"Eat your cake, stupid!"

"Ah, ah, ah! It's oppa for you!" Minho joked.

"I'm sowwy, Minho oppar!" pouted Jisung, disgusting even himself in the process.

"That's it, I'm calling the police."exclamed Minho. Jisung busted out laughing, his 'oppar' attack having the effects he wanted.

"Okay, next question!" he sang, way more awake and excited than what he had been that morning.

He didn't notice the woman looking from the counter with a loving smile until she was basically next to Jisung.

"Jisunggie!" said Mrs Joon. "You look better than this morning, I'm glad!" she spoke, a caring tone to her voice.

"Thanks, Mrs Joon. I'll be back to the counter once I finish this." he respectfully answered.

Minho just stood there, staring.

"You know what, I happen to have heard this good looking gentleman here say he's on his day off, so why don't you take a day off too and spend it with him?" she said happily.

Minho's face lit up. He liked that woman.

"But— Mrs Joon, I can't—" Jisung started.

"Oh, shut up! It's okay, Jisunggie! I'll cover for you. It's been forever since I last worked at the counter and I miss it." she leaned closer to whisper something to Jisung's ear. "Tomorrow you have to tell me how your date goes, sweetie." she whispered with a sly smile.

As soon as the brunette heard that, he stood up, face covered in red and gaze avoiding every human being in the room.

"I'm gonna go change, be right back." he said, rushing to the changing rooms.

Mrs Joon then sat down on Jisung's spot and looked directly at Minho. The boy looked confused.

"Look, from what I've been seeing and hearing this past month I think you're a good guy. You hurt my boy, you're dead. I don't care how famous or important you are. He's been through enough, I'm not gonna let you break him. So now go to some place nice and give my Jisunggie the best day possible, capici?" she said, suddenly appearing intimidating.

"Wait, you know who I am?" he asked, still confused but now also scared.

"Of course, the only person dumb enough to not know is Jisung himself." They both looked at the sound of the changing rooms door open. "Now go, have fun!" she said, the warm smile back in her face.

☆☆☆☆☆

A/N

a glimpse of trauma 🤭?

MRS JOON IS TAKEN (she's my wife uwu)

also update to compensate for the last one hehehehhehehehdhedhjed

✿~

Spotlight ☆ | minsungजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें