☆44☆

Hyunjin, just like every other year, was gone for Christmas. He went back to their hometown to spend the heartwarming festivity with his family, offering his best friend to come with him. Jisung, just like every other year, had refused the offer.

So there he was now, cooped up under three different blankets, watching polar express for the second time with a bowl of instant ramen half eaten between his hands.

Hyunjin would probably bring leftovers for dinner later tonight and Jisung was really looking forward to his best friend's mom's cooking. It wouldn't be much, it never was, but it would be enough for Jisung to feel all christmasy or something. A good Christmas meal was something he had long forgotten, hidden in the back of his mind from when his parents still loved him, stored along other memories that weren't pleasant to go through.

But the Christmas meals leftovers, however, brought a sense of familiarity from the latest years. It was a routine he and his best friend had formed, like many others that had settled between them over time. Hyunjin would ask Jisung to come with him for Christmas, the latter would refuse and the former would bring back leftovers. First, to the little park behind their school where both friends spent time avoiding reality, then to the back of Grandpa's store and finally to their apartment when they moved in together for college.

Jisung paused the movie he had seen so many times, bored to his core because now he could probably recite every character's lines without hesitation. He'd make a good voice actor.

With the pretext of getting some water and probably also making a quick stop at the bathroom on his way back, he stood up with lazy legs, untangling himself with difficulty from all those limp blankets that served as a warm way of comfort before, but were now just a nuisance.

He stretched lazily once he was out of his self made nest, getting startled by the doorbell ringing. Good thing he was out of the couch now, he thought.

Hyunjin was a bit early today, or so he guessed without consciousness over what time it was. His phone had been dead since that morning and he was too lazy to go to his room to find a charger or look at the time in his alarm clock, so he counted the hours by how many times he had been able to replay polar express.

Normally, he'd watch it four times before Hyunjin was back, but today he hadn't even gotten halfway through the second. It was weird, certainly. A break in their routine he wasn't expecting.

Yet again that year had been full of new things since he met Minho a few months ago, so he didn't find it overly strange when the doorbell rang for a second time, begging for his attention apparently.

"Hyunjin, you better have some of your mom's mashed pota— Minho?" okay, that was new.

What on earth was his boyfriend doing standing at his door all dressed up? He was supposed to be at a Christmas meal with his father and some rich guys— his father's rich friends. He had ranted for almost two hours on how much he dreaded the event and how little he wanted to see of his dad, scared of what he would say or do to him.

"Merry Christmas." Minho whispered, taking a little flower bouquet from behind his back. His small smile and the little spark in his eyes, visible even in the dim environment, were just proving how cute this man could be.

Jisung was a bit taken aback, but he accepted the flowers with hesitant movements. His heart was beating too fast for his liking.

"How— I mean, what— what are you doing here? You're supposed to be with that rich guy." his confusion was prominent in his expression.

"I know. But I excused myself, saying how I already had dinner plans with my friends and how I needed to get home to cook or else I wouldn't make it. Frederick— I mean, the rich guy didn't mind. I think my dad was a bit pissed, though, but he won't come looking for me to reprimand me or anything. This is too trivial and he isn't much of a fan of seeing my face." upon seeing how his boyfriend's expression didn't change much, he sighed nervously.

"I tried calling you, but I think your phone's dead so I called Hyunjin instead. He told me you were here alone and so I thought I'd spend the rest of the day with you because I've missed you and all, and because I don't think you deserve to spend Christmas alone, but I should have checked with you if it was okay, cause you probably don't want me here. I'm so—"

He was cut off by Jisung smashing his lips against Minho's with force, janking him from his tie to pull him in. The only thought that went through the brunette's head was how absolutely fucking hot Minho looked in his expensive suit with that Gucci tie around his perfect neck.

The flowers got a bit smashed between them, but that didn't stop them from stumbling towards the living room and fall on the couch with all the blankets still sprawled there. Jisung separated a little to breathe.

"I love you so much, oh my goodness." he whispered, breathless. His hand went to leave the flowers on the little coffee table and then to grab Minho's tie and play with the fabric between his fingers.

"Polar express? Really, Ji?" Minho's eyes constantly altered between the TV and Jisung's face.

"Shut up and kiss me, Lee Minho." he pleaded, a bit desperately. He didn't have it in him to care how needy he had come across, to lost in bliss for doing so. Besides, the way Minho licked his lips gave away that he was just as worked up as his boyfriend.

"As you wish, Han Jisung."

This wasn't part of the Christmas tradition, but it was something Jisung wouldn't mind including.

☆☆☆☆☆

'You're the one that I want' softly played from the radio they had turned on in the kitchen. Minho was cooking an improvised Christmas dinner with some rice and stakes along some other ingredients they'd gone down to the store to buy.

It had probably been a very strange sight to the cashier, that of a man dressed in what looked like a really old pajama next to a guy wearing a fancy suit and a mask covering half of his face, both of them with really messy hair and some red blotches going down their necks, giving the poor woman a very clear idea of what had gone down not too long ago.

They had paid their food with a smile, wished the lady merry Christmas and practically run up to the apartment, hand in hand and hearts combined. Jisung then turned Hyunjin's little radio on while Minho got his suit jacket off, rolled up the sleeves of his button up and started skillfully cutting onions and garlic.

The first song that had filled the walls of the apartment had been non other than 'Somethin' stupid' by Frank and Nancy Sinatra, and Jisung had sang along, swaying his hips and using a spatula Minho didn't need as a microphone. Now, the brunette hummed along Olivia Newton-John's lines.

"You're too shyyy~ to conveyyy!" he sang, hip-bumping his boyfriend with a smirk.

"Ji, I love you, I really do, but you're gonna make me drop the knife or cut someone's— my— fingers off and as much as I appreciate the offer I do not want some homemade, extra liquid ketchup, thank you very much."

"Then stop cooking and dance with me!" it was said with a singsong tone, going along with the melody of the current song.

"And what are we gonna eat?" asked Minho, taking a pan and some butter out.

"Each other."

"Already done that." replied the older with a smirk, turning on the stove. It was impressive how he could multitask and still look breathtaking.

Jisung just stared at his boyfriend's side profile while he cooked the steaks, too caught up in his beauty to keep on messing around. His eyes scanned each and everyone of his features like they'd done so many other times before.

"Min." he whispered, getting closer to the older and resting his head on his shoulder. The red haired just hummed as a response, not minding Jisung's head much. "I love you."

"I love you too, I think we've already stablished that." he giggled pecking the younger's brown hair.

"This is the best Christmas I've ever had."

☆☆☆☆☆

A/N

I'll stop with the author notes for a while

dw about its just because I dont really think they fit in the next few chapters

✿~