1. Rivalry

~~~~~~~~~~~

⚠️Trigger Warning: Homophobia⚠️

~~~~~~~~~~

Seven years later.

The whistle shrilled loudly, signalling half time. The Colombia Violets jogged to their locker room.

"I'm going to kill that bitch." Taehyung snapped, stomping towards the locker room "Cut him into small little pieces and feed him to cats"

"Dogs" Namjoon corrected him.

"What?"

"Feed him to the dogs, is how the saying goes"

"Why the fuck would I feed him to dogs? I love dogs" Tae said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Namjoon just quietly shook his head at the ground. They were losing and their captain was obviously not taking it well. It was the final match of the season. They were up against the NYU Lions.

They had never lost a single game under the leadership of their dynamic young captain.

Taehyung had taken over from their former captain the very first year that he had started at Columbia. He had always been an ace at soccer. He had dreamed of playing professionally and had been very close to being drafted right out of high school.

But the fates had been cruel. After winning the finals of the season in his junior year, his parents had both been killed in a car accident. Tae, who was still a minor then, had been sent to his only living relative. His grandmother, in Daegu, South Korea, crushing his dream of playing professionally.

However, he had worked as hard as he could. Not just in sports but academically too. Finally being able to apply to an Ivy League University in the U.S. for a degree in Quantitative Economics.

But his first love was always soccer. That is what he had been working towards. Being on the field, chasing the ball was when he felt most alive.

He barged into the locker room, the door banging hard against the wall. He stared angrily at his teammates.

"The Lions have never won against the Violets. Do you want to break that streak and bring shame to our name?" Tae spat at his team. He knew he was being harsh but he didn't care. Not now. Not when the stakes were so high. Winning was all that mattered in this moment.

The Lions were a good team but they had never been  in the same league as the Violets. But now, their new captain had turned things around for them and had become a thorn in Tae's side. They had won all their games this season.

For the first time in his soccer history he was actually afraid that he was going to lose.

"That fucking beef bunny is not beating me on my home ground. Am I clear? I will skin you all alive." Tae snapped again glaring at his team mates.

Jimin came up from behind him and gently massaged his shoulders. "Why don't you sit down Taehyungie"

Tae shrugged away from him.

"No! I'm not sitting down. We need this win. I'm not getting defeated on my home ground." He huffed out of the lockers with Jimin on his heels.

"Just drink this Tae you will feel better" Jimin begged.

Tae walked out to the bleachers and and saw the man in question standing outside his locker room.  He was tall almost 6ft. and bulky. His jersey fit loosely around him but still made his broad shoulders, strong back and tiny waist quite obvious. He lifted his jersey shirt to wipe the sweat on his forehead revealing a perfect set of sculpted abs. His long dark hair was wet and fell in waves across his forehead. He smiled widely at the cheerleaders approaching him, showing off his bunny front teeth, reminding Tae why he called him a beef bunny.