21. Truce

We crossed 1k reads!! Woohoo!!
Thank you for reading my work 🥹
I love you guys! 🫶🏼

~~~~~~~~~

Jungkook came home after a grinding day on the field. His whole body felt like jello but he was happy with how things were going. The boys were in great form and he was hoping for a good season. If all went well, he was definitely bringing home the trophy this year.

As he entered the code and opened the door, soft notes of jazz music greeted him. The house was warm and drenched in soft light of the setting sun. He felt a moment of utter peace and sighed. He considered himself lucky to be able to experience something as beautiful as this very moment.

"Hey!" Tae called from the recliner he was sprawled out on. "You're home early." He said without looking away from the phone he was browsing.

Jungkook gave a half nod "I told you I would be." He shrugged and headed to his room.

"Didn't think your boyfriend would let you off so early." Tae muttered under his breath.

"What?" Jungkook asked.

"We need to talk." Tae reminded him loudly, avoiding what he had said earlier. It was none of his business, no matter how curious or concerned he was about it.

"Yeah, I remember. I'll be back in a few. I need a shower." Jungkook walked inside.

"Don't take too long."

"Why don't you come help me with it then." He smirked walking back out.

"You wish, Bugs" Tae drawled lazily.

"Ah!" Jungkook dramatically clutched his heart. "We're back to nicknames now, are we?"

"Well, we are married, might as well" Tae shrugged.

"What??!!" Jungkook was genuinely shocked this time.

Tae chuckled, it was so easy to fluster him.

He had spent most of the day thinking about how he should proceed and Hobi had advised him that he needed to call a truce, 'You catch more flies with honey, Tae' he had said and Tae knew he was right. He needed to talk to Jungkook about the sessions and wanted the younger to be fully on board with the plan he had in mind. So even if he had to pretend to flirt or play nice for a while, he would.

"Well, you have been freely announcing it to the world, haven't you?" Tae raised a brow and watched as Jungkook dropped his gaze in shame.

"I'm really sorry about that.... She just..." Jungkook looked at him pleadingly.

"Was a total bitch to you?" Taehyung asked and then smiled. "Kate is a whole new level of bitch, I know, but she gives a great head." He shrugged.

Jungkook grimaced.

"Hey, don't judge me. I was single and she was willing. Anyway, you should go have that shower now buddy, you stink." Tae turned away, lying back down on the lounger and closing his eyes.

Jungkook stood there with his mouth hanging open.
That's it?
He was expecting the world to crash on his head for revealing the secret like he did. He was expecting to be subjected to the renowned "Wrath of the Mighty Tiger" that he had heard so much about. His teammates described his temper so vividly that he had been panicking about it since the moment he closed the door behind her yesterday and then.... this? What even?

"You're staring again, Jeon. Your breathing is so loud, it's annoying." Tae grumbled.

And we're back.