5. Contrivance

Contrivance:
noun
noun: contrivance; plural noun: contrivances
The use of skill to create or bring about something, especially with a consequent effect of artificiality.
Similar: Tactic, Ploy, Ruse, Scheme, Plan.

******

Kim Taehyung was a lot of things but a shitty friend he was not

Kim Taehyung was a lot of things but a shitty friend he was not. However, judging from all the crap he put his best friend through, he was very close to being exactly that.

A shitty friend.

A friend who did not realise that his best friend liked boys, let alone the fact that he had a boyfriend and had fallen in love with him.

He hated that he had missed out on so much. Jimin hadn't told him anything, had hidden an essential part of himself from him but all his other friends and peers knew it, most of them hung out together often, Jimin was himself in their company. Jimin dated freely, had gotten himself a great boyfriend and had fallen in love with him but all of it had happened without Taehyung being a part of it.

That is what hurt the most.

He had been deliberately kept out of the loop. Jimin had never trusted him with that particular vital information about himself.

Why?

Did Jimin truly believe he was that bad? That he wouldn't accept his best friend's sexuality. How could he judge him like that? Jimin knew everything about him. He knew how homophobic some people back in their homeland were. Yet, he could have trusted Tae to support him through something like that. Coz there's absolutely nothing Taehyung wouldn't do for him.

He had believed Jimin knew that. But the lack of trust between them broke Taehyung's heart.

He wondered what would have happened if he hadn't pushed Jimin to talk to him that day, would he ever have told Tae anything at all?

Or would Taehyung still be stumbling around in the dark making a fool out of himself?

Or if he hadn't insisted on taking him to the bar himself, would he even have been a part of the wedding? Would Jimin have chosen him to be his best man?

He didn't know and it hurt.

All he knew now, was that he had to tear down the impression Jimin seemed to have of him and be supportive of his choices.

And that is exactly why, here he was, taking his best man duties seriously and waiting patiently for Jimin to painstakingly try a million different tuxes for the wedding. Smiling and offering feedback on each one, even if they all fucking looked the same to him.

The only thing he wished was that Jimin hadn't decided on buying his tux together with Yoongi. But he had done just that.

Whatever happened to not seeing each other in the wedding attire before the actual ceremony?