15. Confrontation

Jungkook tried to steady his best friend.

Yoongi was so drunk he could barely stand up on his own. He had been going out of his mind for weeks now. Jimin had completely blocked him, refusing to speak to him and avoiding all contact.

Yoongi had broken down on the field at practice today and then had walked off the field and straight to a bar. Jungkook had run behind him but refused to drink with him.

Yoongi was sloshed.

Jungkook half hugged him as he stumbled again.

"How is any of this my mistake, Kook?" He asked, his speech slurred due to the excessive amounts of alcohol he had consumed.

Jungkook had nothing to say. What could he possibly say that would justify what had happened?

"I have done nothing different than what he is doing for his friend, who is the wrongdoer here by the way. Not me. Not you. Him." Yoongi spat.

Jungkook nodded silently even though he didn't really agree. It was their mistake. Theirs. Not just Tae's. Jungkook was just as much to blame for this mess. He had let it happen. He could have stopped it, he was certainly aware of what was happening, he was probably the only one who remembered most of what had happened that night.

So it was definitely their mistake and now their best friends were the ones paying the price.

"He just needs some time, hyung." Jungkook replied with a sigh.

"It's been two months! Two months, Jungkookie! I haven't seen his face or heard his voice in two months, it's ripping my heart out." Yoongi wailed, clutching his chest as fat tears flowed down his face. The sight pricked at Jungkook's heart.

"I apologised, you know. Even if it wasn't my fault, I apologised. I begged him to not let this get between us." Yoongi cried.  "I knew.... I knew, I would lose him. It was all too good to be true. It's why I was in such a hurry to get married, you know. I knew it. I'm not good enough for him. He wouldn't want someone as emotionally closed off as me. Who would want me? I wouldn't want me." He rambled.

"That is not true, you are amazing. You are my favourite hyung, my best friend. Jimin is amazing too and you two are meant to be. You guys are epic. This is just a little bump in the road. He will come around, I'm sure he will." Jungkook encouraged.

"Is that why he kissed you?" Yoongi asked wretchedly.

"What?" Jungkook was taken aback "No, hyung I would never. I was just having fun, teasing you. I would never do something like that. You know that." He begged.

"You wouldn't. But he did. Don't tell me he didn't, I know he did." Yoongi remarked, his voice was low and heavy, like life itself had been sucked out of him.

"I don't exactly remember, but it wasn't like that." He had been kissed by Taehyung both before and after Jimin had. A little memory loss was to be expected, wasn't it? Jungkook shook his head to clear the haze that came with remembering the way Taehyung's lips had fit against his own that night.
"Jimin loves you. Anyone with eyes can see that he's crazy about you." Jungkook reasoned. "He needs you, hyung, no one else and most definitely not me."

Yoongi shook his head sadly.

"Listen to me, hyung. There's nothing going on between us. I'm sorry I flirted with him. I won't do it again, I swear." Jungkook promised.

"It wasn't your fault. I'm not good enough, he would never love me." Yoongi hung his head.

Jungkook stared at him in disbelief, love really did make you stupid.