12. Blame Game

⚠️ Trigger Warning ⚠️
Homophobia, Self Doubt, Angst

The late morning sun rays broke through the curtains in the honeymoon suite falling straight onto the newly married couple who lay sound asleep. Limbs tangled, breaths mingled and their hearts beating as one.

Jungkook was the first one to stir as he stepped out of the dreamland and slowly came back to earth. As he came to, he felt the strong set of arms wrapped around himself.

He smiled.

Last night had been the best night of his life. If he were to die today, right here right now, he would die a happy man.

He slowly opened his eyes to gaze upon the face of the man, who held his heart in the palm of his hand, the man who held the power to bring Jeon Jungkook to his knees, the man he would now call his, forever.

Kim Taehyung.

The love of his life.

Jungkook looked at his hand locked into Tae's large one. His eyes fell on their rings.

His husband. Wow, they really had done it then. He really was married to Taehyung. It wasn't just a dream. It was all real.

How in the world had he gotten so lucky?

Tae looked disturbingly gorgeous. His hair all sexily messed up, lips swollen with his kisses, the faint flush of sleep and the softest snores that left his nose. It was all beautiful. He was glowing in Jungkook's eyes.

God, he loved him so much.

He couldn't look away from the beauty before him. He placed a soft loving kiss on Tae's lips and felt him smile into it.

His life had just attained perfection.

Barely a few seconds later, Tae slowly opened his eyes. He looked into Jungkook's eyes for a moment and then his breaths started getting shallower and shallower.

Jungkook frowned at him, raising his hand to cup his cheek.

Tae sat up with jerk and looked around himself in confusion. He then turned to look at Jungkook and his eyes widened.

He quickly turned back around and looked at himself.

"W-What the fuck is g-going on?" Taehyung sputtered. "Why are we h-here and why the fuck am I-I naked?"

Jungkook gulped and touched Taehyung's arm gently "Tae-"

"Don't fucking touch me!!" Tae yelled as he sprung out of bed.

He looked at Jungkook who was naked on the bed, with utter disgust and contempt.

What was happening? No, no this was just a misunderstanding. He just had to get him to listen.

"Babe." Jungkook called, stretching his hand towards Taehyung.

"What the fuck did you just call me? Are you out of your fucking mind, Jeon?" Taehyung screamed. He was breathing heavily and looked like he was on the verge of having a panic attack.

Jungkook scrambled out of bed and rushed towards him "Please calm down. Everything is fine."

"Stay the fuck away from me!" Taehyung yelled again as he cringed away from Jungkook. He scrambled on to the floor, located his boxers and pulled them on.

Jungkook was devastated.

Tae frantically looked around the room for his phone.

Jungkook stood frozen in place. He hadn't moved since Tae had roughly pulled away from him. He couldn't. His whole world had come to an abrupt halt.