Is he for real?

He stood in the door way glaring at me. He was all tensed, his hands in fists at his sides.

"Yes?" I asked politely.

"I showed up for tutoring and you weren't here," he seethed.

"I had other things to worry about," I shrugged.

"Something more important than your grade? Hold up sister," he teased humorlessly.

"Don't act like you know me," I snapped.

"But here's the thing, Phoenix. I don't need to know you. You're an open book," he stated.

"Whatever. Are you here to buy something?" I asked.

"No, I'm here to be tutored," he slowly replied.

"I don't have your things on me. And you said you didn't want to, so we aren't," I explained.

"You have to help me if you want your grade raised. I'm your only hope," he smiled fakely.

"Not tonight, okay?" I sighed.

"Why the hell not tonight? What's wrong with tonight?" He demaned. He walked over to the counter and slapped his hands on the table.

"I just can't do it tonight, okay?" I yelled.

"That's too bad because we're doing it now," he promised.

"Ace, we are not working on Economics," I replied. Getting angry with somebody who was angry was not smart on my part.

"You said you would tutor me," he continue to yell.

"And I will, but not tonight okay? Please," I begged.

"I'm not leaving until I get a reason," he stated folding his arms.

"You want a god damn reason? My alcoholic mother fell down the stairs and is currently unconciouss in the hospital. I have other things to worry about like paying the bills and doing my own homework. You are not at the top of my worries," I screamed.

His face paled and dropped at the same time. His body physically relaxed into a defeated state. He ran his hand through his black hair, sweeping it out of his eyes. His miles of blue eyes pierced mine with regret.

"Phoenix..." he whispered.

"Don't try for the apology, okay? I get it. You didn't know. And you're sorry. It's the same thing every time. So just go, we can study tomorrow or not," I shrugged.

"I didn't mean to push you. I wasn't thinking. Can we study tomorrow? Here?" He pleaded.

How could I say no to those blue eyes?

"Yeah. That's fine. I work at five," I complied.

"Thank you," he replied.

"You either show up at five or you don't. We start studying at five and end whenever you want," I explained.

"Okay. Phoenix?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you mind if I hang out here? I kind of cancelled all my plans for tonight. I have nothing to do," he muttered.

"You- you are something else," I muttered.

"Is that a yes?"

"Just don't mess up my books," I replied.

He smiled at me. A real smile, not a smirk.

"How can you say ejection from a game isn't right?" I demanded Ace.

"You have freedom of speech in America. So why should you be punished for using it?" He argued.

"Just because you have freedom of speech doesn't mean you can go around being a dick. There has to be a stopping point," I explained.