Love is war

The rest of the week went by slowly. Jason was still on my trail, constantly watching me. I had caught Ace making out with a different girl every day.

"Thanks for letting me stay at your place," I said, hugging Abigail.

"Any time, Phoenix. You know that," she smiled.

Jade walked past us with my things in her arms. "I'll be right back, I'm taking these to the car."

I nodded at her.

Abigail focused her attention back to me.

"I know it's not my place, but this boy, he's obviously important to you. You should fight for him, even if he doesn't want you. Just go show him what he was to you," Abigail smiled. "Before it's too late."

I knew deep in my heart that's what I would have done if it wasn't for Jason. I wasn't just going to give up on Ace. He had a tragic back story, just like me. He held me together at my worst moments.

"I think it's already too late," I replied.

"Never give up," Abigail continued.

I shook my head smiling. I headed towards her door. Jade was shoving my things into car none to gently.

"Patience is a virtue," Abigail called. "If you love someone let them go, if they don't come back they were never really yours. Love is pain. Pain is beautiful."

"Thank you for the words of encouragement," I laughed, walking out of her home.

"Any time sweetheart," she called back.

I got into Jades car, smiling, for what felt like the first time in a long time.

******

"Are you sure you want to do this by yourself?" Jade asked cautiously.

"It's my own home, I think I can handle living in it again," I laughed.

"Okay, I'm just one phone call away," she smiled sadly.

"I'm not moving out of state," I chuckled.

"I know but it's going to be weird without you in my house," she sighed dramatically.

"Yeah,yeah, whatever," I replied. I grabbed my bags and walked up to my house. Jade made the whole scenario seem like a scene from a movie. She sat in her car, waiting for me to break down. She waved me on when I looked back.

I unlocked the front door and walked in. Everything was still as I left it, it was comforting. I threw my bags on the living room couch and went into the kitchen. I grabbed a granola bar and went back to the living room. I was just going to watch TV the rest of the night when my phone chimed.

From:Charlotte

I'm sorry to bother you at such a late notice but I need you to come in for me if you can. My sister is in labor and her husband is on a business trip. Let me know if you can't come in!:)

To:Charlotte

Not a problem, I was just going to sit around tonight anyways. I'll be there in 20(:

My boring night just became slightly less boring. I grabbed my phone charger from one of the bags and then my keys, and headed out.

I drove to work with the radio down low. My head still liked to wander without my permission, especially on the road. I usually wondered who Ace was busy kissing at that particular moment. My heart ached for it to be me.