Deja Vú

I knew that I eventually had to go back to school. Jade was still bringing me my homework and she surprisingly grabbed Ace's.

Ace and I sat around a lot, kissing. Kissing was a new experience for me and I couldn't get enough from Ace.

This particular morning was my favorite.

Ace had spent the night in my bed, so I woke up next to him. I didn't want to wake him up, he looked so peaceful. I started to push the covers off of me but I was pulled back into the bed.

"You said you were never going to leave me," Ace whispered, sleep still thick in his voice. His voice made me swoon.

"I'm not leaving," I whispered back into his neck. Ace had his arm wrapped around my waist, his hand on my hip bone. If only he knew how much his touch affected me.

"You were going to leave me," he argued.

"I apologize for my bladders needs," I chuckled. He laughed into my hair. He reluctantly released me from his hold.

I gently swung my leg over the bed. My foot was in a large black cast, and it weighed a lot. The doctors wanted to do surgery if it didn't heal correctly, and Ace was very against that idea.

I grabbed my crutches from the wall and made my way to the bathroom.

"I'm gonna make breakfast! What do you want?" I yelled to Ace.

"Can you make me waffles?" He yelled back.

"Sure thing."

After going to the bathroom and brushing my hair, I crutched my way to the stairs. Ace usually carried my up and down the stairs but I needed to learn to do things by myself. Ace wasn't always going to be there every second I needed something.

I put noncasted leg down first and then swiveled my hips so my broken leg would make its way around. This was a very complicated process and by the time I got down, Ace was laughing at me from the top of the steps.

"That was very good, sweetcheeks," he chuckled.

"Stop laughing at me," I snapped, trying not to laugh with him. I felt stupid on my way down the stairs.

I took my crutches and continued my quest to the kitchen. Once I was there I put my crutches against the island and grabbed the waffle maker from under the sink.

I leaned over the counter to plug in the machine. I felt Ace staring lasers into my back.

"Can I help you?" I asked without turning around.

"Continue leaning over that counter and I'm going to have to help myself," he said, clearing his throat.

I instantly blushed. I reached for the fridge to grab the milk and then into the cupboard for the waffle mix. I tried to keep my focus on the task at hand but Ace's presence was making me jumpy.

As I poured the mix into the mold and shut the lid, Ace's hands crept up under the hem of my shirt, making me jump. He pushed all of my hair over to one shoulder and started kissing my neck. I tilted my head to the side, giving him more room.

"You seemed tense," he mumbled against my skin. His hands were slowing going farther up my shirt.

"I think I'm good now," I replied, breathless. He pulled his hands away and I instantly regretted saying that.

"Okay," he said, teasing me.

"I didn't say stop," I muttered. I turned around and faced him. He was still standing very close to me, but we weren't touching.