5||; 𝒈𝒐𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓

may 2, 2012
━━━━━━━━━━━

The fly back is more tense than the fly to Germany. More crowded, too, with the two extra passengers with them.

Irina stays as far away from Loki as she can in the small stealth jet, pacing by the pilot seat, Steve and Tony Stark right by her.

"Is he saying anything?" Fury asks through the comm channel.

"Not a word," Romanoff responds.

"Just get him here. We're low on time."

Steve observes the god for another moment, before turning and leaning on the doorway. "I don't like it," he mutters.

"What, Rock of Ages giving up so easily?" Stark says.

"I don't remember it being that easy," Steve responds. "This guy packs a wallop."

"Still, you are pretty spry for an older fellow," comments Stark. He looks at Steve. "What's your thing, Pilates?

"What?" Steve says, confused.

"It's like calisthenics. You might have missed a couple of things doing time as a Capsicle," Stark sniffs, looking the captain up and down. His comment has Irina glancing at the interaction with slightly lifted eyebrows.

"Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in," Steve says more gruffly, choosing to ignore the comment.

Stark looks back at Loki, looking surprisingly bitter. "Yeah, there's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you."

"He has a point," Irina speaks up. Both men's heads dart to her, Steve looking a little betrayed. She lifts her hands in small surrender. "He keeps stuff from everyone, I mean," she amends.

A rumble of thunder has her glancing out the window, growing anxious at the sudden thunder storm.

"Where's this coming from?" Romanoff mumbles.

Steve looks back at Loki, who stares up at the thunder and lightning with a worrying look. "What's the matter? Are you scared of a little lightning?"

"I'm not overly fond of what follows," drawls Loki.

His words cause Irina to glance back at him, frowning in thought, before the jet jolts, a loud noise coming from the roof. The jet shakes, before Romanoff and the pilot quickly get it steadied again.

Stark places his helmet back on his head, walking to the control board and pressing the button to open the rear hatch.

"What are you doing?" Steve demands, though is ignored by Stark as he stomps up to the opening doors. Before he can leave to check out the ruckus, a man, quite muscular, flips down from the top of the jet, even landing a pose as he looks up at them, long blonde hair billowing in the high winds.

Stark lifts his hand to blast the stranger, but is pushed back by his — hammer?

"Roberts!" Steve shouts, and Irina jolts to attention, blinking as she takes in the situation. The new block in their path stomps up to Loki, yanking him out of the chair and pulling him towards the exit of the jet.

Irina curls her fingers, pulling in energy before throwing it out at the blonde man in a red cape. The tendrils wrap around his wrist, halting him. The man turns back to her, sending her a glare that almost has her flinching back, but she holds strong.

"Sorry," she grunts, "but we need him."

"This need not concern you, mortal girl," the man says back, his voice deep and rich-sounding.