13||; 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒇𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏 & 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒂

may 4, 2012
━━━━━━━━━━━

"All right, get him on his feet," Tony says, the group of seven dispersing. "We can all stand around posing up a storm later. By the way, feel free to clean up."

Irina smirks at him, following after him. "What, I thought you liked theatrics?" She teases him.

Tony turns to her, sniffing as he offers her a wry smirk. "You forget that my blood is your blood, Roberts," he mutters in a teasing voice, quiet enough for the others not to hear.

Irina squints at him. "Watch it," she warns lightly.

"Oh, don't get prissy," Tony waves her off. "I'm not a total asshole. I'll let you reveal your super secret real identity in your own time — which, by the way, we need to talk about your fake name; Emma Roberts, really? You do know she's an actress, right?"

She gives a shrug. "Worked out for me the last five years. Besides, I didn't know she was a real person until last year."

"Who gets the, uh, magic wand?" Romanoff asks, stepping up with the scepter in hand.

"S.T.R.I.K.E team's coming to secure it," Steve answers.

"From S.H.I.E.L.D.?" Irina asks, turning back to the others. Steve nods.

The elevator beeps just on time, and Irina glances over to see a squad of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents coming in. She steps over to Steve, who looks over at her with a brief smile. Her eyes flicker to his wounded abdomen. "You want to get that checked out, Cap?"

Steve eyes her own shoulder wound. "If you get that checked out," he returns.

She smirks, shrugging her shoulder to feign being unbothered by the pain, but ending up wincing at it, anyways. Steve takes a step closer, eyes concerned. "You gonna be alright?" He checks.

Irina hums. "Maybe. Might need to take a few extra days off work once this is all over and done with."

Steve's eyes light up in realization. "Right, the café," he says.

"Mhm," she nods. "If you stop by after this is all over, I'll treat you to a cup of tea or something. On the house."

Steve raises his eyebrows, the ends of his lips twitching up. "Really? Thanks."

Tony lets out a scoff from behind her, but when Irina turns around, she doesn't find him near her, instead slowly getting his suit off on the other side of the room. She frowns in confusion.

"Roberts?" Steve speaks up, and Irina looks back at him with a hum. His eyes ask the silent question.

"Oh," she blurts out, "I'm fine. Yeah. Maybe I do need to get checked out," she mutters.

Steve pats her uninjured shoulder, passing by her. "Find a medic downstairs and get checked up," he says, before turning away and pressing a hand to his comm. "On my way down to coordinate search and rescue."

Loki is quick to take his appearance as he passes, going cross-eyed in a mocking manner. ""On my way down to coordinate search and rescue"," he repeats, before returning to his original form. Irina passes him with a derisive snort, not even sparing the lost god a glance as she flips him off. "I mean, honestly, how do you keep your food down?"

Thor slams a muffling piece of technology to his mouth. "Shut up," he groans.

Irina slides into the elevator, standing beside Tony in the midst of Thor, Loki, and a half dozen other S.H.I.E.L.D agents. The Hulk tries to get inside, but not before everyone else is voicing their complaints.