15||; 𝒃𝒊𝒅𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅𝒃𝒚𝒆

may 5, 2012
━━━━━━━━━━━

Danny brings them their donuts shortly after, and the two munch on in silence as they wait for company Irina knows is coming. After all, after the talk she had with both Danny and Tony, Irina found she had the confidence to speak more freely with the remainder of the teammates she's grown comfortable with.

So, an hour after she texts Romanoff, asking her to bring the others to the café, four Avengers come marching in just on time. Romanoff appears the most casual, meeting her eye from the doors and nodding once in greeting, an action Irina returns. Banner and Steve look the most nervous and confused, glancing around the room in curiosity, looking stiff in the shoulders. She hadn't known Barton would be coming, but she doesn't mind his presence either way. They saved a city together, after all.

"Over here," Irina waves them over. Romanoff leads the group over, and her and one confused Tony slide further down their booth seats to make room for the others. Banner slides in beside her, with Barton beside him. Across, Romanoff is seated between Steve and Tony, the latter fixing her with an accusatory look.

"I tried to get Thor, but he's caught up with Loki. We're sending them both off in a few hours, after all. Someone needs to keep an eye on the bastard," Romanoff speaks up, her poker face somewhat calming to Irina, who starts to feel her nerves set in, bubbling under her skin, but she refrains from picking at her nails out of nervous habit.

She gives a shrug. "That's fine. Everyone here right now is just fine," she assures.

Tony sniffs. "Not to ask the obvious question, but what the hell are they doing here?" He demands, gesturing weakly to the others. Barton shoots him a light glare.

"Boy, do I feel wanted," he drawls sarcastically.

"Calm," Romanoff orders, and Barton lets out a huff, sitting back with his arms crossed over his chest, muscles hidden beneath his leather jacket. Banner shuffles nervously in his place. "Let Roberts speak," her eyes flicker to Irina, whose lips flick upwards in gratitude. The agent acknowledges it by dipping her chin just slightly.

Irina inhales shakily, keeping her eyes glued to her hands as they turn the latte Danny had made for her in their one-hour wait. Even now, she can see him peering over at the table curiously as he puts together a new tray of drinks, no doubt for the new members of their party.

"Let's start with...my name, I guess," she sighs.

Steve frowns in confusion. "We already know your —" he begins in a small, confused voice.

Irina shakes her head softly. "No, my real name," she says, meeting his baby blue eyes as they widen slightly. She feels a twinge of guilt. "...I won't apologize for using my fake identity. I didn't want myself getting known for...personal reasons. But it sorta doesn't matter now, considering my face is all over. So...yeah, here we are," she gestures weakly to the six of them.

She clears her throat. "Irina," she finally says, and meets Tony's eye from across the table. After a moment, she inhales again. "Irina...Stark, to be specific."

Romanoff's eyebrows lift slightly in surprise, but it's the only sign of reaction she gives. Steve's expression drops into one of plain confusion and shock, his mouth dropping open slightly, though spilling no words. She glances over at Banner and Barton, and watches as Banner punches out a breath.

"There's two?" He asks in a small voice, looking at Irina for confirmation. She offers him a slightly sympathetic look.

"In my defence, I didn't know my last name until yesterday," she confesses. That earns her a few confused looks from most of the table. Irina lets out a sigh. "I know...It's a long story. I don't want to spill it all right now — I still don't know most of you that well," she looks around the table, one by one, "but I figured it would be right to at least tell you my real name, and not have you keep referring to me as another person. After all, we saved a city together."