𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒓𝒂||; 𝑮𝑨𝑮 𝑹𝑬𝑬𝑳

(evangeline "eva" smith makes a return.)

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Everybody loves somebody sometime..."

The music sounds faintly behind them, guiding them through the steps they'd been practicing. It was nothing hard; just simple swaying, and then Irina's twirl, and more swaying. But it was still an intimate scene, and they had to portray that differently through their own ways, through the ways they knew their characters.

She glances up at him, watching the man in front of her look down at their feet.

"Don't look down there. That's not flattering," she scolds lightly. Immediately, his baby blue eyes dart back up to meet hers. She snickers. "Eyes on my face. Don't think. Just feel. Like..."

She lets go of one of his hands, lifting the others and giving a small, slow twirl, before she faces him again, and reaches for his hand. He meets her halfway, slowly nodding in understanding. He breaks out into a small smile at her action. She steps closer to him, and then —

"Ow!" Chris yelps when her foot steps on his.

Surprised, Eva blinks and steps away, hands flying to her mouth in shock. "Oh, jeez, I'm sorry!" She apologizes.

Chris waves her off, suddenly finding his laugh. "It didn't even hurt that much, you just pinched my pinky toe," he says through his laughter.

Eva purses her lips, finding herself laughing, too. Weakly, she reaches back for him. "Come on, come on. Let's go again," she says.

"Can I at least get an ice pack?"

"No, Evans. You're suffering this with me," she huffs, and Chris laughs louder. Her mouth stretches into a grin, and she starts snickering again. "Stop! We need to focus!" She laughs.

Chris' laughter gets so bad he's now keeling over in it, and giving up, Eva rolls her eyes and throws her hands up, walking off set, and that only has Chris on the floor now, slapping his left breast as he wheezes.

"I'm quitting! This movie can't have Irina anymore!" She calls behind the camera that now focuses on Chris' shaking figure on the floor. "I don't get paid enough for this shit! Wait, Joe, Anthony, I didn't really mean that —"

𓆩*𓆪

"Emma?"

Immediately after punching in the tracing code, Irina falters at the voice, and curses under her breath. "Switch," she whispers to Romanoff, who quickly takes her place as she steps away and turns around to the voice, forcing a smile to her lips.

"James," she greets. "I mean Harry — I mean — Henry!"

A pause, and then Evangeline is bursting into laughter, turning away at James' insulted face. Chris cackles at the mess up, and Scarlett hunches over the laptop prop, slapping the table with her hand as she snickers softly under her breath.

"I'm going to try and forgive you for that," James says, American accent gone and replaced with his British one, "but I am morbidly wounded."

Eva hugs Chris' arms, holding herself up as she nearly cries with laughter, the blond actor patting her back as he wheezes, head thrown back. "Am I fired?" She asks through her tears, looking off-set at Anthony and Joe.

𓆩*𓆪

It's the scene where she's strapped to the table, pleading and sobbing for her life at the hands of HYDRA. A very important scene for Irina in this movie.