6||; 𝒅𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 𝒎𝒆?

may 3, 2012
━━━━━━━━━━━

They escort Loki back to the helicarrier with success, and immediately after they land, Fury has just about an entire regiment of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents on Loki's royal ass to escort him to his cell.

Irina is given an ice pack for her side, one she presses against it as she sits around the table with the assembled team of super-beings. Her eyes peer down observantly at the screen in front of her, running live security footage of Fury and Loki from the cell given to him.

"In case it's unclear," Fury says as he approaches a control board, "if you try to escape, if you so much as scratch that glass..."

He flips a switch, and an area under the hovering cell opens up, harsh winds blowing throughout the room, sucking the air out of it. "...it's 30,000 feet straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works?"

Fury closes the hole, looking at Loki as he gestures to the board, all too tired of his antics. "Ant, boot."

Loki chuckles, amused, and Irina narrows her eyes on the screen. "It's an impressive cage," he says. "Not built, I think, for me."

"Built for something a lot stronger than you," Fury states.

"Oh, I've heard," Loki replies lowly, turning his head and looking directly into the security camera, almost making eye contact with Irina. She feels her shoulders go tense, goosebumps trailing up and down her arms. "A mindless beast. Makes play he's still a man."

Irina glances briefly up at Banner, who crosses his arms over his chest, shifting from foot to foot in quiet anxiety.

"How desperate are you, that you call on such lost creatures to defend you?"

""How desperate am I"?" Fury repeats. "You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace, and you kill because it's fun. You have made me very desperate," he says in a low voice. "You might not be glad that you did."

"Ooh," Loki taunts. "It burns you to have come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have the power; unlimited power. And for what?" He chuckles. "A warm light for all mankind to share...and then to be reminded what real power is."

Fury gives a smirk, and walks away from the cage. Irina watches on intently, brows furrowing at Loki's words. "Well, let me know if "real power" wants a magazine or something."

Fury leaves, and Loki steps up to the security camera, looking at it with a cruel smile, one that has Irina shut the screen off and stand up from her seat, pacing nervously back and forth.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Banner speaks up first.

"Loki's gonna drag this out," says Steve, looking up and across the table. "So, Thor, what's his play?"

Thor answers in a grim voice. "He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard, nor any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the Earth in return, I suspect, for the Tesseract."

"An army," repeats Steve. "From outer space."

"It just gets better and better," mutters Irina as she paces.

She should have just cursed at Fury's face and stomped out of that bathroom when she had the chance.

"So, he's building another portal," Banner says as he takes off his glasses. "That's what he needs Erik Selvig for."