12||; 𝒌𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒂𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒔

may 1, 2015
━━━━━━━━━━━

Irina busts out laughing, shoving her face into her hands to hide her shame. "No," she shakes her head quickly. "Dear God, tell me I wasn't really a piano kid...." she groans.

Tony grins, laughing at her dismay as he takes another sip of his margarita, the both of them having finished the waters they'd both gotten in favour of consuming more alcohol to help them get through the stories Tony shared of their childhood.

Their childhood.

"I wish I could tell you differently, Nina, but it's the truth. If it helps you, at least you had some talent in those magic fingertips of yours," he teases, cackling loudly when Irina shoves his face away.

"Asshole," she hisses, taking a long swig of the negroni she had, careful of her white dress, the one Natasha had leant her. "God - why? Just why?"

Tony shrugs, smirking into his glass. "Mom always wanted a girl. It took them fourteen years after me, but you were considered their - or more specifically her miracle child," he says. "So she wanted to spoil you. Howard let her, of course. So you grew up a mother's dream child; rising piano and violinist, good dancer...very rich, very much material for a real life Heather Chandler, but thankfully you didn't inherit Dad's bitch side like I did."

Irina groans, and the two siblings take a synced sip of their drinks. She sets hers down on the bar again when they're done. "Wait - I danced?" She asks incredulously.

"Of course! Ever wondered why you were naturally...twisty?" Tony wrinkles his nose in disgust. "Forget that. Ew. Eugh. Don't let Rogers know you're that word. We'll call you...flexible? No. Boneless? ......maybe -?"

"I hate you," grumbles Irina with her face shoved, once again, into her hands. Tony cackles loudly.

"Irina?" Banner sheepishly pipes into their conversation, walking up to them with his hands shoved into his pant pockets.

Both siblings turn to look at the doctor, who nods his head back behind him. "Cap was getting worried about you. Says he hasn't seen you all evening and set out looking for you. I think you can find him and Barnes near the pool table," he says.

"Ah," hums Irina. She gets up from her seat, finishing off her drink with one last swig before setting it on the counter. "Tip for me, will ya?" She pats Tony's shoulder, grinning at his disgruntled look at her leaving. "Relax. I'll pay you back later if you bill me. Thanks, Banner," she briefly pats him on the back as she departs.

"Slut!" Tony calls after her.

"Manwhore!" Irina calls back, turning around to flip him off with a grin, one Tony reciprocates. She can see the exasperated but amused look on Banner's face as she leaves.

Irina slithers through the crowd, patting veterans on the shoulders and greeting familiar coworkers with a smile. She swears she sees Danny wrecking Henry at beer pong by the bar, a crowd of old men surrounding them and cheering him on, and Clint approaching them with a cocky grin, so she doesn't dare linger too much there.

She bumps into Sam, who points her up to the pool tables, saying he just saw Steve and Barnes there five minutes ago.

But when she gets there, they aren't.

"Where the hell are you," she murmurs, brow furrowing as she takes a quick look around, finding no one. With a huff, Irina takes a step back, ready to turn around and ask Sam to help her look, when someone shifts behind her, and she's met with a solid body.