4||; 𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒌 𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒌

september 25, 2014
━━━━━━━━━━━

To say having Thor back wasn't entertaining enough, the stories the rest of the Avengers had let loose to recall and tell to the god with the commentary of others was just as.

They sat in the penthouse, spread across the couches and chairs with beers and other drinks in hand, in comfortable positions after the past hour of story telling. Irina found herself sat between Steve and Natasha, sitting cross-legged on the couch so that her knees brushed against either person.

As Thor tells another story of his adventures on Asgard, she chuckles softly and takes a swig of her beer.

" - to think the battle we'd been fighting for many a days had quelled under the collective need of good Asgardian wine. I can never think of a better way to form an alliance with a once hostile planet," grins the God of Thunder.

"If Stark were the leader of that planet, betcha he'd be raising the white flags at even the thought of a good drink," Barton snickers, taking a swig out of his beer can.

"Hah hah," Tony sneers, a cup of scotch in his hand, dressed in a fancy suit despite it just being a Thursday afternoon, "Clint made a funny."

A collective snicker runs through the group, and Thor turns to the three on the couch. "Tell me, Captain, how have your adventures been since our last departure?" He queries. "I am sure you have many mighty tales of your heroism."

Tony rolls his eyes softly, but it goes unnoticed by most of the group, their eyes darting to Steve, who panics slightly under the sudden attention. "Er -" he murmurs, "well..."

Irina purses her lips into a smile, patting his knee in support as she looks up. "Cap here moved to DC just after you left. Fury set him up with a place, eager to get him into some S.H.I.E.L.D. missions," she explains. "Steve asked me to go with him, so we spent about two-ish years living together. I had to take up the duty of culturing our beloved grandpa -" Barton and Sam snicker, raising their cans to their lips, but their eyes stay on her, waiting for the end of the story, "- and let me tell you, it was hard to explain television to him -"

"First of all," Steve interrupts, sending her a soft glare that she looks up at him through her eyelashes with an innocent grin, "I knew what television was. We had moving pictures in the forties, you know. I'm ninety-six, I'm not dead," Irina throws her head back into his bicep with a laugh. "And second of all, you just had to explain how they managed to color the damn things. I still can't figure it out..." he mutters.

"There, there, gramps," Irina pats his knee again in consolation. Steve nudges her with his shoulder, and a grin spreads her rosy lips. "But as I was saying; we were doing pretty well. Steve was actually a great cook and roommate. I got a job at a bodega, he worked for S.H.I.E.L.D... it was a pretty balanced life style. Well," she winces softly,

" - until Fury got shot in our apartment and faked his death - which we all thought was real - leaving a drive containing the secret to HYDRA still being around and whatnot in Steve's hands. So we went on the run, almost died a few times, met Sam," Sam salutes with his beer can in hand, a grim look on his face, though he does smirk in amusement at her bland phrasing of the events that had transpired just a few months ago,

"and, uh...I sort of got captured - but I managed to escape, no worries. I found Steve, and we...well, we took down the secret - sorta Nazi if you think back on it - HYDRA agents as well as S.H.I.E.L.D.. Did I get everything?" She innocently asks Steve, who looks down at her grimly.

Natasha shrugs. "Just missing -"

Just then, the elevator doors slide open, and Barnes is there, standing in the doorway between it and the penthouse. He's frozen, staring at them all with a poker look, but Irina sees the panic in his eyes, ready to bolt for it.