𝑺𝒀𝑵𝑶𝑷𝑺𝑰𝑺

we're all puppets. some of us just happen to see the strings.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Five years it's been.

Five years since she has escaped their claws, their jaws of torture and death.

Their strings, stained with her blood and tears.

Irina has been surviving day by day in New York for five years now under the guise of "Emma Roberts", a recluse young woman who keeps her distance from all around her, at work and at home in Queens. She survives, she doesn't live. She doesn't deserve the right to that. Not until the day she finally dies, as soon or as far away as it will be.

Every day is full of keeping her back shut off from the rest of the room, constantly looking over her shoulder for a threat, and constantly spilling easy lies from her lips to those who worry and care for her. It is no way to survive — even live, for some people — but it's an easy enough way for Irina, who takes it all with a carefully put-together look to hide the desperate screams that go on in her mind, from early in the mornings til late in the nights.

Irina waits everyday in her quiet and peaceful life to end, for her to get the slightest warning sign and pick up her bags and disappear somewhere else, under a new identity. A new face.

That day comes when she visits the bathroom in the small café she works at, the imposing figure of a one-eyed man awaiting her with a file and an offer.

one last fight. that's all we need from you; one last fight.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A U T H O R ' S N O T E

First Avengers fanfic let's go!!

I just want to apologize in advance for my poor planning of this book, because I improv my writing as I write in the moment, and can't fit in a proper explanation for certain things until WAY into the future 😭

But sit tight and hopefully all will come together eventually.

ALL WARNINGS INCLUDE; profuse cursing/swearing, descriptions of gore and blood, heavy topics such as torture, terrorism, child kidnapping/trafficking, PTSD, panic attacks...lots of heavy stuff that the MCU already covers and a bit more.

If it ever gets a bit too heavy for you, please, set the book aside, and take some time just to calm down before/if you decide to continue, because your health is important and takes precedent over everything else <3

For now, I introduce to you...

Puppet.