10||; 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒌

may 4, 2012
━━━━━━━━━━━

When Irina opens her eyes, she doesn't expect to be in Stark Tower.

Sure, most definitely not in the S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier while under Loki's influence, but why Stark Tower? Why New York? Did he want to see the Big Apple? Times Square? Coney Island?

She blinks a few times when coming to, shaken beyond belief, but she expertly forces her body to have no reaction that would compromise her.

Because she was right behind Loki.

It seemed he didn't know of her break from his hold as he strides over to the open view of Manhattan. She takes the chance to look around her, and spots Stark readying to pour a drink for himself by a bar. She suppresses an eye roll at his antics.

"The Chitauri are coming," says Loki. "Nothing will change that. What have I to fear?" He asks as he turns to Stark.

"The Avengers," he says. Irina blinks, eyebrows raising slightly in surprise. God, just what had she missed? How long has it been? Loki fixes Stark with a confused look, and he gives a shrug. "That's what we call ourselves. We're sort of like a team. "Earth's mightiest heroes"-type thing."

"Yes, I've met them," Loki says with a delighted grin.

Stark flashes him a smile that's gone in a second. "Yeah. It takes us a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one. But let's do a head count, here," he says. "Your brother, the demigod, a super soldier — a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend — a man with breathtaking anger-management issues, a couple of master assassins, and you," he points to Loki, "big fella, you've managed to piss off every single one of them."

Loki smiles. "That was the plan."

"Not a great plan," Stark shakes his head, taking the drink as he begins walking out of the bar. "When they come, and they will, they'll come for you."

"I have an army," says Loki.

"We have a Hulk," Stark retorts.

"I thought the beast had wandered off," Loki states innocently.

"You're missing the point. There is no throne. There is no version of this where you come out on top. Maybe your army comes and maybe it's too much for us, but it's all on you," Stark says. He walks closer to Loki, and Irina watches carefully, waiting for a moment to strike. "Because if we can't protect the earth you can be damn well sure we'll avenge it."

Loki chuckles lowly. "You are confident, Stark," he says. "But you forget I have one of you on my own side," he flourishes a hand, gesturing to Irina, who continues to stand still, watching the interaction with calculating eyes, feigning being under Loki's control. "I've been evaluating her from the start. The strength she possesses could change worlds, but she spends it wallowing in her sorrows. She was too weak to let out her full potential," he flashes a smile, "so I aided her."

Stark's eyes slid to her, and he glances back at Loki with a frown. "One more person to piss off, once she wakes up," he notes. "She's rather feisty, I find myself. Very touchy when it comes to referencing British movies."

Loki shakes his head, letting out a round of chuckles as he steps back from Stark, looking absolutely thrilled. "You don't even know, do you?" He asks.

Stark quirks a brow. "Know what?"

Loki grins, throwing his scepter from one hand to another. "You see, Stark," he begins, "I had a little contact underground. He didn't need my influence at all, not even a shred of my help. He just gave me a name and a face...and the entire story of your friend," he gestures to Irina again.