1

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

The sound of the alarm clock was louder than usual today. The singing of birds and the small rays of the sun sneaked into the room. Strong menthol scent tickles my nose in my room, the blanket of the bed almost slides down to the floor and hugs my stomach.

Slowly sitting up on the bed, I opened my eyes and met the mirror wich was placed on the door of my closet. I don't even know what I would do with myself if I didn't get a "you look like shit" message from the mirror every morning. I just love it.

The lack of sleep was visible under my eyes and my hair might have received an electric shock at night. Turning my head away from my reflection in a coma, I looked around my ordinary room. Nothing changed.

White bed cover, caramel colored walls with photos, desk under the window, a picture of dad on my bedside table, gray carpet, closet, door, window blah blah blah. I don't understand why I felt the need to make sure everything was in place.

Slamming the alarm clock, I sighed. Thinking changes at the age of 16. I never thought that one day I would rather stay at home than go out with my friends.

But there's school today. And no one likes to go there, no matter how popular you are.

I got off the bed and fixed my purple pajamas. The coldness of the floor tickled my soles. The carpet was softer and silkier today, it's weird. As if I feel things more strongly today.

Opening the door, I felt the sun slapping my face. Squeezing my eyes dramatically, I groaned in pain.

Today is also starting well.

"Good morning, breakfast's ready honey!" I heard my mother from the kitchen.

"One sec'" I murmured.

Rubbing my eyes hard, I managed to find the entrance to our bathroom. When I felt my eyes were getting used to the bright lights, I opened them completely. The light in the bathroom was just pleasant enough for me to brush my teeth and hair without squinting. While I was working on my teeth, I looked down at my watch for a moment to see if I was on time.

7:45 am

Looking back at the mirror, I suppressed brushing my teeth and-

Wait a minute, something isn't right. I looked back at my watch.

Oh shit.

I choked on my own saliva and the toothpaste. Grabbing the small bottle of water in front of me, I quickly washed out my mouth, not caring about the huge puddle I made around me.

I rushed out the door to my room to put on some completely random outfit. After getting dressed, successfully throwing my books into my bag I ran to the kitchen.

"Hanni?!"

"I don't have time mom! I'm late!" I said as I picked up the sandwich and put it in my mouth until I put on my shoes "Love you guys, bye!"

I didn't care about the shoelace and just started running towards school. Only this week and the Autumn break begins. I can't wait to sleep through every morning.

I didn't have to run long to reach the school, you could say we live close. But wasn't that close either. As I opened the door, I stopped and leaned on my knees. I hate mornings like this. Yes, this has happened before, you could say a few times.

Ah, I can't feel my lungs.

Putting myself together, I went up to the first floor and walked in front of the math room. I took a deep breath and after two seconds I knocked and opened the door. You can't figure out what happened.