2

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" I asked.

The girl frowned and looked behind herself.

She turned back, then looked at me again. What the? I saw her eyes widen in surprise. She looked at me like I was some kind of alien or something.

"Uhh, of course you're talking to me umm" she finally spoke."Sorry today, um, I didn't sleep much and I'm out of my mind or something"

Her voice was smooth, clean, soothing and all too familiar.

But I am almost certain that she isn't telling me the truth and that she's hiding something.

"Uh huh"

"Yeah"

Okay first of all this is brutally embarrassing and secondly, she still haven't answered my question.

"So what are you doing here?" I asked again with folded hands.

"Oh, I don't know," she replied.

What..? What does she mean she doesn't know? I can't decide whether to be afraid of her or not. This girl is weird and really suspicious, but she doesn't seem evil or anything. Like she couldn't hurt a fly. After all, she looks like a blade of grass, I could crush her with a word or two.

"Honestly...I don't even know how I got here..."

"What?"

"I must have drank a lot yesterday or something like that, yeah, and somehow I ended up here, but don't worry, I don't want anything bad," she replied as she threw her hands up in the air.

"To my basement?"

"Well-"

"In your pajamas?"

"These are not pajamas!"

"Okay whatever, you need to leave" I said pointing at the girl.

"What?! Why?"

"Because I don't know you?"

She remained silent and just stood there. Her face was pale, very white as a wall. Her legs were thin like she hadn't eaten in days and she had a weird red ribbon on her hand, like she was marked or something.

"I don't think I can get out of here to be honest. At least out of the house," she muttered, almost embarrassed.

"Why?"

"I just can't"

"That's not an answer"

"I'm sorry, but I can't give you a meaningful answer right now, I don't understand anything at the moment either."

Her eyes focused on everything but me. She started to play with her fingers as if she was anxious.

"How old are you?" I asked suddenly.

"What?" she raised her head and looked into my eyes.

"How old are you?"

"17, why?"

Sighing, I shook my head. I'm crazy.

"Nothing, I'll walk you out and-"

"Please let me stay! Just one day, and if I make a bad move you don't like or I become irritating I'll leave, okay?"

"Why should I trust you?"

"Just think about it! If I wanted to steal I would have taken something already and I wouldn't be here. If I wanted to kill you, you would have been lying dead on the kitchen floor a long time ago"