11

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

"Now why did you bring me here?" I asked Haerin, who took me out to the school yard and then sat down on a bench.

"I want to talk to you about something."

"Should I be afraid?"

"How do I know if I like someone?"

"Oh?"

Didn't see that coming.

"Yeah, oh."

I slowly sat down next to her and moved closer. The girl didn't really look happy, she was worried about something. I hope Minji didn't do anything.

"Well, I don't really know exactly. I haven't really been in love or anything like that... But I'm sure you feel much better with the person if you like them. You see them and they brighten your day or something,"

Haerin's eyes looked up and focused hard on me.

"I think when you like someone, you often find yourself thinking about that person. You look for them everywhere and you see them in everything. You pay more attention to them and you want them to always smile.

You feel like you're tied together with some kind of string or something. When you touch each other, it's like a small part of you heals and as soon as you touch for the first time, you never want to let go. You feel the imprint of their skin on yours, as if you were marked...

You don't want them to pay attention to anyone but you. You don't want anyone else to make them happy. You're afraid they will feel better with others, that they will forget you..."

Or you will forget.

I shook my head, let out a small laugh and looked at Haerin.

"I'm talking nonsense, these may not even be-"

The girl looked at me seriously and smiled gently. It wasn't a big smile, but I saw something I'd never seen before. Compassion, desire, love and pain radiated from her. The eyes looked happy and it glistened like water.

Frowning, I looked back at the girl questioningly, which made Haerin laugh a little and lower her head. After a while, I noticed the shoulders of the girl next to me were shaking.

"Haerin?"

"Ah, this isn't good then," she whispered sniffling, "I think something's wrong with me."

"Don't be silly, what are you talking about?" I asked worriedly, holding her shoulder carefully.

"Please don't tell anyone, okay?"

"Pinky promise."

I'm getting worried.

"I think I might like someone..." she whispered, "..who's a girl."

You could barely hear what she said, but I understood completely. The smile returned to my face as I felt the happiness in my body. Haerin trusted me enough to tell me this and this isn't a small thing. In fact, this is a very big thing.

"Why would I hate you for that you dummy?"

"Because it's not normal- Hanni, I said that 'like' romantically," she answered slowly raising her head, "I don't see it normal that I can hardly resist wanting to hold one of my girl friend!

To do things with her like what normal couples do... Walk hand in hand, kiss or cuddle while falling asleep."

Her eyes were full of tears and red from crying. She's afraid she will be hated or that everyone will leave. I can feel it on her, I can see it in her eyes.