13

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

"Hanni?"

"Huh?"

"Why did you stop?"

Why did I stop?

"You're going to get cold. Let's go in, shall we?" Minji said and gently took my hand.

Wow, the hand size differences are big. My hand is as small as a baby's hand compared to hers. Nodding, I squeezed her hand a little and let her lead me into the house.

"Don't move, just a moment and I'll be back," she said excitedly and let go.

I was a little surprised by the sudden excitement coming from her. As if a bandaid had been taken off of me when she let go of my hand. She held me so gently and her hand is much warmer.

I sat down on the couch and waited for the other girl to come back. I don't know what came to her mind or what she wants from the bathroom so suddenly. I was about to get up to go after her when she finally came out.

"You moved."

"You've been in the bathroom for too long, my legs aren't that good anymore man," I replied with a chuckle.

"You're just old," she whispered, crouching down in front of me.

I gasped.

"I heard you."

"Shut up," Minji laughed as she put a towel on my head.

At first she started to rub my head hard with the towel, but as I shouted at her, she became more and more careful. Sometimes she even stopped because she was laughing so hard.

After she managed to stop laughing, the girl also looked up and our eyes met. The smile disappeared from her face slowly as we got lost. I felt her dark eyes swallow mine. I've never seen eyes like hers before. They sparkle much more than anyone else's. It seems much more alive than others.

Her hair is still wet and wild, which is awfully cute. The drops of rain are still running down on her face and I can see her hands are covered in goosebumps. She must be cold.

I was about to ask her if I should bring her some other clothes to change into when I saw Minji's eyes started to wander on my face. I saw how she appreciated every detail on my face with her gentle eyes. No one has ever looked at me the way she did. Not my mom, not my dad, not Danielle, not even Jake.

As soon as I started thinking about what could be in her eyes, my heart sped up again. This is bad. This is very, very bad.

Returning to the living world in panic, I took the towel off my head and placed it on her head. Minji's eyes widened at the sudden movement. I began to gently rub her head while the towel in my hand. Her face was barely visible because of her even more tangled hair.

"You look like a character from a horror movie," I giggled.

"Are you saying that because of my hair or because I'm actually a ghost?" she asked back as she raised her head and carefully took one of my hands.

The girl was smiling, you could see it under her hair. She slowly pulled my hand off her head along with the towel and straightened her hair. Minji's face soon appeared and she grinned adorably at me.

"I'll get you a hairbrush," I said quickly.

Without waiting for an answer, I stood up and hurried to my room.

***

After I gave the girl the hairbrush, I went to the bathroom to dry my hair. I dried it faster than usual but I still stayed here. Minji must have noticed that there is no more noise coming from here and for some reason I can't get out of here.