12

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

"Minji aren't you going to eat?" Hyein asked curiously.

"No thank you."

"But-"

"She has food allergy and her mom said she can only eat at our place," I said firmly and bit into the fish.

The food today was no more special than the average daily meals. We got some sort of green soup, which I preferred not to eat, rice and fish.

As always, Danielle's first thing to do was to eat the soup. She loves every types of soup, but it looked like she didn't like today's soup that much. Haerin ate some from the green thing but put the spoon down as soon as she swallowed it and Hyein, like me, only ate rice and fish.

Minji just sat next to me and watched me eating with interest. I would give all of this to her, but I don't dare to risk these things here now..

I wonder what will happen when the day is over. Will the others remember her? Will everything go back to normal? I don't know what to think.

***

"Minji please visit me sometime!!" Hyein said hugging Minji tightly.

The tall girl just giggled and ruffled Hyein's hair. I didn't think she would get so close to anyone. I knew she would make friends, but Hyein got comfortable around her very quickly.

After lunch, we decided to come back to the English room and rest a bit. It was a good thing to do, because I would have left my bag here.

In the end, we didn't really rest. When we got to the classroom and managed to take a comfortable seat, Danielle's mom called then ordered her and the other two girl home. They are doing some sort of sleep over.

"Are you sure you guys will be okay?" Haerin asked, stopping at the door.

"Yeah, we still have some work to do anyway," I replied with a smile.

Danielle and Haerin slowly walked up to me and gave me a long hug. Dani stayed longer for some reason. At first I didn't understand, but then she whispered something.

"I hope you're okay."

I didn't know this sentence would hit me so hard. The girl always knew when something was up. Swallowing my tears, I nodded and slowly let her go.

I don't even know why I became emotional this time. I don't understand anything.

"Minji take care of her," Dani finally said to the girl standing next to me.

After managing to get Hyein off of Minji, the three girls left the room and we were surrounded by silence. Looking out of the windows, you could see the sun going to sleep and cover everything in orange.

You can see the small grains of dust slowly floating in the sun's rays. My skin is pleasantly caressed by the warmth, as if it were spring. Taking a deep breath, I smelled the chalk and the usual pleasant scent of lavender coming from the girl behind me.

"We should go home too" I said, turning back to the other girl.

Minji looked back at me with a serious look and slowly started walking towards me. The way she got closer her face relaxed more and more. My heart seemed to be in sync with each step.

The girl stopped in front of me and looked at me worriedly. She raised those perfect eyebrows and blew out a deep breath through her nose.

"Is there something wrong?" she asked almost inaudibly.

The question seemed more honest than any question I've heard in my life so far. You could hear in her voice that she's seriously worried.

Clenching my hands into fists, I closed my eyes and tried not to break down in front of Minji. I bit my tongue and did my best not to let a tear drop fall from my eyes.