3

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

In the morning, as soon as my alarm went off, like I hadn't slept at all, I wasn't tired. My eyes opened easily, not even the bright rays of the sun bothered them.

I frowned in confusion and sat up. The blanket and pillow on the mattress were in the same place where I placed them yesterday. As if it wasn't even touched, but- WHERE IS THE GIRL?!?!

I rushed out of my room to the kitchen in a second, scaring my parents. They looked at me with wide eyes like I was crazy, which I can totally understand. My hair probably looks like a mess every time I wake up and now I'm even sweating.

"Hanni are y-"

"Did you see uh, something unusual in the house or anything?!" I gasped.

"No, are you okay?" Dad asked, startled.

Okay, this is weird. So there can be two options. The first is she left the house as soon as she got up and went back to where she belonged. The second is that yesterday my brain got so much tension I just hallucinated a random girl and probably went crazy.

Straightening myself, I took a deep breath and felt my body relax. I would have been in a lot of trouble if one of them noticed I hid a 'stranger' in the apartment. Weird or not, I'd like to hope for the second option.

Yes, this could have probably happened, since the mattress is still just like I made it last night. The girl was never hungry and never had to use the toilet. So if this girl really was just my imagination, I was talking to myself the whole day?... Maybe I should go to see a therapyst.

So then yesterday I was just hungry and imagined things...but then why do I still feel her presence?

"Yes, everything's fine" I said slowly "Just a weird dream"

"Hanni, one of your teachers called me yesterday, she said you were late and it's not the first time," my mother said, "I don't want it to happen again, okay?"

Nodding, I turned around and went into the bathroom, starting my quick morning routine.

***

"I think I should see a therapyst"

"What? Why?" Danielle asked as we slowly took our seats in the cafeteria.

"So yesterday, when I got home, I managed to prepare myself for eating, but then I heard noises from the basement, so I went down to look and my mind created a random girl who seemed to be too real. I was able to allow this fantasy to sleep in my room for a night, but in the morning I realized I was probably just talking to myself all day because the mattress I prepared for her to sleep on was untouchable and even the 'girl' disappeared," I said and slowly ate the soup.

Looking up at my friend, I saw wide eyes and a really confused look. Yes, that's exactly how I feel.

"Hi guys," said a voice behind me.

"Haerin," Danielle said as if nothing had happened.

And that's what I was talking about. I'm sure that everything I told her so far went out of her mind as soon as she heard the other girl's voice. Her face became soft, her voice changed and her eyes lit up as always when she saw Haerin. Her reaction always makes me smile.

"Hello Kitty," I greeted turning to her. "Are you feeling better now?"

Sitting down between us, she carefully smiled at me and nodded softly. I looked at the other Australian girl. Her face was worried as she watched the introverted girl. She quickly noticed I was looking at her.

"Sure?" I asked looking back at Haerin.

"Yes"

"Alright then, let's eat cause' damn I need a distraction"