Chapter 1: Missing

(Agent 8/Lavender POV) 

Steady. 

Steady. 

Steady. 

My thoughts demanded that I stop shaking but, my hands refused to obey. "You can do this..." Marie whispered beside me as she tried to hold my hands still. 

I shot! 

I missed. 

Again. 

I groaned as I let the charger fall from one of my hands. "I can't do this." I mumbled and Marie sighed. "How about we take a break?" Marie suggested and I nodded with a sigh as I leaned the charger against the Cabin. 

"Thank you." I said with pure relief and Marie smiled. "Of course! You deserve it." She said as she patted the spot next to her on a bench. 

"You're doing well." She acknowledged as I sat down and smiled. "Thanks Marie! I can only hope that I'm ever as good as you." I complemented her and she smiled. 

"Do you think the others are worried about us?" I asked after a moment of silence and Marie pulled out her phone. "Nope, we still have two minutes and 32 seconds." Marie chuckled. "How did you get so good with the charger anyway?" I asked and she shrugged. 

"Years of practice." She said she patted my head. "So kinda like the 'practice makes perfect' thing?" I asked, cocking my head to the side and Marie nodded. "Yeah, exactly like that." 

I nodded then narrowed my eyes. Something felt off, like we weren't alone. I shook the feeling away and sighed. 

I really appreciated Marie teaching me how to use a charger. Especially because she didn't have too. 

"I'm glad we're friends." Marie mumbled and I nodded. "Yeah! I couldn't imagine not hearing your guy's song." I smiled, remembering when I had watched Sarah defeat DJ Octavio. 

That had to be the best day of my life. No, when I made it to the surface was the best day for sure. Though Tartar was a big down side but, it was still the best either way. 

"Who is your favorite out of all of us?" Marie asked me and I shook my head. 

"You are all my favorite." I answered honestly. I could never choose between them. 

"No no no. Come on, there has to be a favorite." She tapped her chin in thought. "Is it Aaron?" 

I felt the heat rush to my face as I thought of him. I guess he was my favorite. 

"Yeah..." I mumbled as I scratched the back of my neck and Marie chuckled. 

"Do you have feelings for Agent 4?" She asked and I scrunched my face up. "Yes, we are best friends." I answered and she sighed. 

"No, that's not what I mean." Marie sighed in thought then grinned. 

"Do you love Aaron? I know you know what that means." She asked me and I shrugged. "I know what it means, I'm just not familiar with the feeling." I sighed as we settled in silence. 

"Should we go now?" I asked after a few moments and Marie nodded. "Yeah, or the others will worry." 

I stood up and started walking towards the manhole but, that feeling from earlier had come back. Stronger this time. 

"Hey Marie? You get the feeling you're being foll-" I felt a hand wrap around my mouth, cutting me off. I jerked my elbow back, hoping I would elbow whatever was behind me but, the thing grabbed my arms and pinned them behind me.