Chapter 13: Unexpected Encounter

Agent 8 (Lavender POV) 

"Hey 4! Ready for a fight?" I asked Aaron as I clenched my hands into fists and held them out in front of me. Aaron looked at me with a confused expression before his eyes suddenly lit up, a huge smile on his face. 

"Lavender! What are you doing here?" He asked me, his smile never fading. "Figured you could use some help." I said with a shrug, leaving out the part that I was gonna surprise him. 

He grinned and shook his head as he put his Daulies in my empty hands then clenched his own into fists. "I'll be the one fighting barehanded today." He said. I smiled, my face heating up. "Thanks." I mumbled. 

Marie cleared her throat as she readied her charger, gaining both our attention. "Cute. Real cute." She said as she rolled her eyes. "What do you want Marie!" I asked as I gripped Aaron's Daulies tight in my hands. 

She grinned, a creepy grin that sent a chill down my back. I looked over at Aaron and figured he felt the same way since he visibly shivered as his face scrunched up. 

"We can do this easy way or the hard way." She declared, her monotone voice replaced with an evil one as she didn't exactly answer my question. 

Me and Aaron shared a glance before reverting our attention back to Marie. "What's the easy way?" Aaron asked, suspicion lacing his voice. But I think I knew the easy idea wasn't gonna be so easy. 

Marie smirked then pointed her charger at me. "All you gotta do is hand 8 over." She said, confirming my suspicions. Aaron actually laughed as he shook his head. "Like that's gonna happen. We aren't going down without a fight." He said, his head high and voice laced with confidence. 

Marie's smile soon faded as she gripped her charger with both her hands, the top pointing towards the sky. "You'll regret that decision." She scowled right before charging at us, her hypnoshades glowing in the afternoon sun. 

Aaron didn't even give me time to attack when smacked her in the face with his Daulies, making her hit the ground. He sucked in a breath and mumbled an apology, but didn't back down. 

Marie growled and threw her charger up, the bottom of it hitting Aaron square in the jaw. He must've bitten his lip or something because his lips were covered in blonde as he stumbled backwards. "Yeah, I regret apologizing..." He mumbled under his breath. 

Marie stood up and went to land a hit on me with her charger but I grabbed it with both my hands in an attempt to push her back. We pushed back and forward with equal force, trying to land a hit on the other as I tried to talk some sense into her. 

"Marie! You have to remember me! We're friends!" I said as I shoved her off of me with a grunt. "Funny, you'd think I'd remember being friends with you." She said as she jabbed me in the stomach with her charger. I stumbled back as Aaron kicked her feet out from underneath her. Marie once again hit the ground. 

"Why won't she just use her sniper and snipe us?" I asked after Aaron and I had put some distance between us and Marie. "Because she wants to brainwash us, not kill us." He said, his voice confusingly low as he looked back at her. 

I sighed and nodded. "Yeah, I guess that's true." I said remembering that if you were splatted outside of battles you don't respond. I found it very stupid, but I guess that's just how things are. 

Marie ran towards us again, catching Aaron off guard as she hit him in the face with her charger like it was a baseball bat. Aaron groaned as he stumbled back and held his nose. It was definitely bleeding. 

"Marie! We don't want to fight you!" I said, trying to knock some sense into her as she tried to punch me. I dodged her punch and punched her in the stomach, guilt filling my body. I would never hit a Squidsister, but this was for her own good.