Chapter 2: Jezebel

(Agent 4/Aaron POV) 

"Yeah. Their new boss is a girl and their next target is 4." Lavender explained and I rolled my eyes. "Why am I always the target?" I asked, annoyed by the amount of 'luck' my life was giving me. "I don't know." Sarah answered. 

I sighed and went back to searching. 

I turned a corner and saw a bunch of garbage scattered everywhere. 

"At least I'll get my work out." 

I shoved the first piece of metal out of the way and to my surprise, there was a piece of paper under it. 

"Oh! I think I found something!" I cheered. 

"What is it?" Callie asked and I tried my best to un-crumble it. 

"The boss is a girl....She is making some sort of super weapon! Oh my cod..." I could feel the fear in my voice as I covered my mouth. 

"She is making a- Hey! No, stop! Let me go!" 

I dropped the piece of paper as I jerked out of the Octolings grasp. I took my Daulies and spun around, smacking it right in the face. This one looked different though. 

It was green. 

The Octoling didn't even flinch, instead it grabbed my neck and slammed me against the wall. I groaned. 

I desperately clawed at its hand in a failed attempt for it to drop me. When that failed I tried kicking as my lungs felt as if they would burst. 

That's what I get for not being able to hold my breath. 

 The darkness was eating at the corners of my vision as it loosened its grip and suddenly sprayed some sort of gas in my face. 

And me, being the idiot I am, instantly took a deep breath and realized what it was. 

Chloroform. 

The Octoling threw me to the ground as the world spun and my head pounded. 

"Aaron?" 

Was that Callie? 

I couldn't tell anymore. All the noises around me seemed muffled. 

I'm pretty sure I heard my name again but, I could be wrong. 

"Night night..." The Octoling whispered with a robotic tone as I felt darkness catching up to me. 

"Help..." I only hoped I didn't sound as weak as I felt. 

With one last breath I let my head fall to the ground, and the black void engulfed me. 

_________________________________________________________

I groaned as my eyes fluttered opened. 

I went to stand but a headache instantly entered my head, sending me back to the floor. 

Where was I? 

It was dark and cold, it made me want to shiver. Or maybe I already was.

That's what I get for not wearing my Hero Jacket.

My whole body ached and there was a faint ringing in my ears too. It was kinda annoying.

"Hello?"

I darted my head to the left and saw the faint outline of something. Or someone?

"Who are you?" The voice asked, it sounded my age. Definitely another Inkling. "Who are you?" It asked again after not getting a response. "Uh, Aaron." I mumbled as I squinted my eyes, hoping that I would get a better view of the Inkling.