Chapter 12: Wrong Reunion

(Agent 4/Aaron POV)

I hung up with Lavender with a shaky sigh as I slumped into the bench I was sitting on. I hope she'll be OK while I'm gone, she always told me about how she hated being alone because of...reasons.

'Calm down Aaron! She'll be fine, she managed the whole time you were gone.'

I nodded to myself. Yeah, she did because she's not the same from when she first got here. She's stronger, more capable.

I gripped my phone in one hand as I leaned my head against the other, using the wall as support.

Inktopia...

I haven't been there since I became an agent. Things have probably changed since I left. I wonder if the Cafè still sells those croissants...

I stretched a bit as I turned on my phone, smirking at my background picture which was me, Sarah, and Lavender making funny faces.

I opened some random connect the dot game I had downloaded a few days prior as I sat in a criss-cross position and began swiping my finger to make the shape.

"Ummmm...excuse me?"

I looked up from my phone to see a blue Inkling boy with dark blue eyes and a pink Inkling boy with bright green eyes standing before me.

"Yes?" I asked as I turned my phone off and shoved it into my pocket. "Um, we need to get back to Inktopia and...we have no clue how to get there so, we were hoping you could help us?" The pink one asked as fiddled with the ends of his shirt, must be shy.

"You could just hang with me until the train arrives since, I'm heading there too." I shrugged as I made room on the bench.

"Great, thanks." The blue one said as he and the pink one sat down to the left of me. "So, what are your guys' names?" I asked, trying to spark a conversation.

"I'm Jeremy." The blue one said with a smile. "I'm Sasha." The pink added as he tilted his head forward to see me. I let my gaze travel to the Inkling's interlocked hands with a slight grin before sitting straight once again.

Jeremy and Sasha....these Inklings seem so familiar like...I know them from somewhere. But where?

"Cool, cool. I'm Aaron." I introduced myself with a smile. Jeremy nodded, his expression seeming lost in thought as he too faced forward.

We settled in an awkward silence for a few minutes before Jeremy spoke up. "I'm sorry but, I have to ask...are you Aaron Mason?" Jeremy asked.

"Um, yeah?" I answered, confused on how he knew my name. Jeremy jumped up from, what I'm guessing was, surprise and pointed at me.

"Aaron Mason! You used to live on that one old street right!?" Jeremy asked, his voice laced with excitement.

It took me a second to register that I indeed did live there. "Wait wait wait. Jeremy and Sasha, like my old Inktopia friends Jeremy and Sasha?" I asked as I too stood up, Sasha soon joining us.

"Oh my cod yes!" Sasha cheered ad he wrapped me in a tight hug with Jeremy soon joining.

"Ok...C-CAN'T...BREATH...!" I choked as I patted Jeremy on the back. "Sorry! It's just been too long!" Sasha complained as he and Jeremy released me from their hug.

I took a few deep breaths before putting my attention back on the duo.

"So you guys are finally together?" I asked as I crossed my arms knowing that after all this time I was right.

"Maaaaybe." Sasha mumbled as he chuckled, him too knowing I was right.

Just then, I could hear the whistle of the train as it neared the station.