Chapter 5: Ambush

(Agent 8/Lavender POV) 

"I will find you." 

_________________________________________________________

I stood in the parking lot for a minute, letting the wind blow through my tentacles. It was quite relaxing, especially before a day like today. 

I took a deep breath and let my eyes drift close before once again starting my journey to Octo Canyon. 

I let my thoughts drift to where Aaron and Marie actually were. I shuddered as I turned into an ally. 

It was scary just thinking about my best friends being sanitized. I pushed the bad thoughts away and let the positive ones flow into my head. 

Ones like: "We're going to find them today." And: "Aaron and Marie can fend for themselves." 

I smiled in determination as Inkopolis Square came into view, my walk speeding up to a skip. I watched as Inklings walked by. Some in groups, some alone, and some holding hands with their loved one. 

It made Inkopolis all the more better. 

I heard the sound of metal under my feet, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked down and saw the manhole right under me. Somehow, I had managed to skip all the way here without realizing it.

Huh. 

 I jumped into octopus form and swam through the manhole. I sighed as the current of fresh air hit my face. I jumped out the other side, turning back to Octoling form and landing on my feet. 

"Lavender! You made it!" Callie cheered as she wrapped me in a hug. "Yeah, long time no see." Sarah remarked, her voice filled with sarcasm as she folded her arms across her chest.

"Right?" I smiled, returning the sarcasm. 

Sarah shook her head as I walked into the cabin and grabbed my Octoshot. I let my eyes drift over the family pictures of Callie, Marie, and the Captain. I blinked, snapping me out of my trance as I walked out with a sigh. 

Sometimes, I wish I had a real family. Real parents. Real siblings. 

I sighed at the thought as I threw my Octoshot up into the air and caught it again. "So, when do we begin Cap?" Sarah asked Callie, to which she sighed at. 

"Lavender knows where they are so, the sooner the better." Callie declared, determination burning in her eyes. Sarah and I nodded in sink and made our way to the kettle we had used yesterday. 

We jumped in one by one until we were all in the trashy area from yesterday. I let my eyes travel over the familiar area. 

It kinda gave me the chills, knowing Aaron might be being held captive and Marie could be Sanitized by now. Heck, they both could be Sanitized by now. 

"OK. Our mission is to find Aaron and Marie before they get sanitized or, in Aaron's case, brainwashed." Callie declared. "If they're not already." Sarah added, earning a glare from me and Callie. 

"What? It's true." Sarah defended herself as she crossed her arms and shrugged. I sighed as my grip tightened on my Octoshot. 

We settled in silence, as if we were all desperately thinking of a plan to save them both but, had no avail. 

"I'll lead the way." I blurted after a moment, making both Sarah and Callie look at me. 

"You sure?" Callie asked, her gaze fixed on me. I nodded with a sigh. "I'm the only one who knows where it is." I reminded them. "True but, you usually don't like taking the lead." Callie pointed out.