Chapter 8: Reunited

(Aaron/Agent 4 POV)

It was Lavender. Thank cod. Just hearing her voice made me feel so at ease.

"It's okay..."

_________________________________________________________

I sat on the ground, my head dug into Lavender's chest as I sobbed. I really didn't know why I was crying or how long I had been crying for even.

I knew everyone must be looking at me. Callie, Sarah, Emi, Lavender. All wondering why I was bawling my eyes out.

I took a few deep breaths to calm myself down, my eyes squeezed shut. "It's OK Aaron." I heard Lavender whisper as she patted my back. 

"I-it's all my f-fault..." I trailed off, my voice raspy and low, just above a whisper making. "It's not your fault. You didn't do any of this." lavender tried to consul me but, I shook my head. 

"It is my fault though Lavender! Don't you get it?" My voice cracked as I pulled away from her, sure they were tears staining my face as I gripped her arms. 

"How is it your fault?" Sarah asked as she knelt next to me. "I-if I would've just...let Jezebel take me that day...none of this would be happening..." I mumbled with a raspy sigh. I let out a sob as I let go of Lavender's arms.  

I watched Emi arch a brow. "What day?" She asked. 

"Who's Jezebel?" Sarah asked. I wiped my eyes with my arm and sniffled a bit.

I looked between Emi, Sarah, and Lavender. Emi knew who Jezebel was but didn't know the whole story. Sarah knew the whole story but, didn't know who Jezebel was.

And poor Lavender didn't know anything. Unless Sarah had told her while I was squidnapped...

"Jezebel..." I started, my gaze drifting to the floor, "was a sick, monster. She killed my parents, Aki, and many other Inklings just for her own amusement..." I explained, holding back the urge to cry.

"Jezebel...wait wait wait! So, that Octoling you just splatted, the one who killed Aki, was Jezebel? AKA the Octoling that murdered your parents?" Sarah asked, still processing the information as she stood up and paced in thought.

"Your parents died? Were murdered by her?" Emi asked, cocking her head to the side a bit. After I didn't answer, Sarah put a hand on her shoulder and shook her head, signalling not to bring it up again.

Emi nodded and pulled her hood over her head with a sigh, her sad expression though quickly turned to one of excitement and joy. At least I could get her home.

I looked back in the direction of Aki, or where Aki was. His poor spirit had probably floated away, signalling he was gone forever.

I turned my attention back to the others, who were now all standing. Lavender put her hand for me to take, hesitantly, I took it. 

I stood with a wobble, avoiding putting pressure on my right leg. What had those green freaks done to it? I would have to take a look when we got home. 

Sarah grabbed my arm and threw it over her shoulders, giving me a little extra support. I smiled and mumbled a 'thanks', getting a head nod in return. 

I sighed as I let my gaze fall to my feet as Sarah and Callie talked about something that held no interest to me. 

I felt someone grab my free hand and, to my surprise, it was Lavender. "There was nothing you could've done for that boy." Lavender reassured me, her voice a reassuring whisper. 

I nodded with a slight smile but, it quickly turned into a frown. "I know but, I wish there was. He was so little, a whole life ahead of him." I mumbled.