Chapter 11: What A Day

(Agent 8/Lavender POV) 

I watched as Aaron slowly drifted into a slumber, his chest rising and falling at a steady pace. I felt him give my hand a slight squeeze, a faint smile on his lips. 

It's been a while since Aaron's been able to actually sleep without any nightmares. I remember him waking up in the middle of the night, drenched in sweat, not being able to sleep for the rest of the night. 

I sighed as a frown formed on my lips. A lot has happened this past week.

Marie got captured and brainwashed. Aaron got captured and almost Sanitized. A little boy lost his life. Aaron killed the Octoling of which whom killed his parents. I confessed to him, turns out he liked me too but, I'm not sure he remembers anything that has happened today. He brought Emi home. And we told Aki's parents about...Aki. 

My thoughts circling back to when Aaron killed...what was her name again...Jezebel, though. 

It honestly seemed too easy. For someone who was skilled in combat, and has killed many Inklings over the years, I figured she would've put up some sort of fight. Especially since her and Aaron go way back. 

I shook the thoughts away for now. I would talk to Aaron and maybe the rest of the NSS tomorrow, I was just too tired to think about it tonight. 

I realized I was still lying with Aaron. I felt my face heat up with embarrassment but, part of me didn't want to get up. Having Aaron next to me felt nice. 

I shook the thoughts away and went to stand up because I just couldn't sleep in his bed. It would be...weird. Plus, what would Aaron think when he wakes up? 

I threw my legs over the side of the bed and went to stand but, something pulled me back down. 

It was Aaron. 

He was still gripping my hand, his brows furrowed. I frowned as I tried to pull my hand away but, he just wouldn't let go. 

"N-no....S-stay..." 

I couldn't help but smile even though it took all my strength not to panic. "Aaron...I can't." I whispered though positive he couldn't hear me. 

"D-don't l-leave..." 

I sighed with a slight smile. I've never heard Aaron sleep talk before and, to be honest, it was pretty adorable. 

"Come on Aaron...I can't..." I mumbled though mostly to myself. Aaron shuffled a bit as he squeezed my hand tighter. 

I went to yank my hand but, he pulled my hand to his chest  to the point I was basically hovering over his face as he mumbled incoherent words. I could feel his hot breath on my face as our noses brushed against one another. 

I sucked in a breath. What's gotten into him? It wasn't like him to act like this, so...so touchy I guess? 

I decided it wouldn't hurt if I laid with him. It would just be for tonight anyways. Plus, he was the one who wouldn't let me go. 

I took deep breaths as I again felt the heat rush to my face. Don't freak out. You got this. He's just sleeping. He probably won't even remember this when he wakes up. 

Hesitantly, I slid under the covers until I was next to him. He didn't let go, but relaxed a bit as he shuffled under the covers. 

"Mmmmm..." 

I smiled as I too, got comfortable. To be honest, this felt nice. I didn't want to get up, I just wanted to stay here where I knew I was safe. I felt safe.