Chapter 7: Finally Found You

(Agent 8/Lavender POV)

"Let's go find them."

_________________________________________________________

Callie stood up with a determined nod. "Let's go find 'em." Callie repeated as she grabbed her Roller, a smile on her lips. 

She really was excited to Marie again but, I couldn't blame her. They were family after all. 

I walked out of the Cabin, instantly taking the lead. Thankfully, Callie and Sarah didn't ask questions or anything and just followed.

And honestly, I didn't care if they did. I was the only one who knew where to go, and how to get there.

Plus, I needed to find Aaron and possibly Marie too. I needed to know they were safe.

I sighed.

I always thought of Marie like a sister, Aaron a best friend. Even if I have only known them for a few months, nine to be exact. Plus, Aaron only started talking about five and a half months ago.

I was still getting used to everything. I was still getting used to having friends and family. And don't get me started on this weird feeling I keep getting at the mere mention of Aaron's name.

I loved being around him. He made me happy, even though I get this tingling feeling in my stomach and my heart seems to speed up around him.

Maybe...maybe I liked the Inkling. I mean, he was smart, attractive, and always put others before himself even if he was the one who needed attention.

I sighed again, bringing me out of my thoughts. Now was not the time to think about love, a feeling I wasn't even familiar with so how could I know?

I jumped down the kettle, my body filled with energy and slight fear as we neared the area. The area itself brought back memories.

Aaron being captured. The ambush. Having to wait even longer because of the ambush.

After Callie and Sarah were behind, weapons in hand in case of another ambush, we began wandering around. Making sure there were no signs of Octarians.

We looked and searched, sometimes asking random questions loudly so we could get the attention of whatever was here with us.

But, we never found anything, never heard anything. I smiled, confident our plan had worked.

"I think we're in the clear!" Callie cheered as she propped her Roller on her shoulder, a smile smeared across her face.

She was really excited to see Marie.

But I couldn't help but think, what if Marie wasn't with Aaron and we really did have two threats?

But I refused to say anything about it as I turned around, facing the direction we had walked just the other day.

I took a hesitant step before taking a deep breath then taking another, yet determined, step. Then another, then another, and another until eventually I broke out into a sprint.

I glanced over my shoulder to see Sarah and Callie sprinting as well, both holding determination on their eyes.

I took a sharp right around a corner, the exact layout of where I needed to go flooding my head as I ran.

"Are we almost there?" Callie asked, somehow not panting like I expected her to. But yet again, I wasn't panting, and neither was Sarah.

Maybe it was adrenaline, the hope of finding the missing Inklings, powering us, encouraging us to run faster and not run out of energy.