Chapter 15: A Plan? Time To Make One

(Agent 8/Lavender POV) 

Of course, the two Inklings were suspicious when a random Octoling asked for help. I wouldn't trust me either. But when I explained everything to them, they seemed to be a little more understanding. Probably for the sake of Aaron, who was still missing. 

"So... so you're saying that there's basically no agents left? Except for Marina and Pearl... but, they're on a tour right now..." The blue one---who introduced himself as Jeremy--- mumbled, trying to wrap his head around all the new information. 

The pink Inkling---Sasha---timidly stepped forward, his eyes still wide with fear. "And, why do you need us? I don't know how to fight or save people..." He muttered, his voice laced with sadness. I guessed he was thinking about Aaron, and I was too. 

This is the second time in the time period of a week that he's been kidnapped. Both times trying to protect his friends, both times he would've made out safely if I had just given myself in. But yet here we are, walking down the same road looking for the same clues we were looking for not even a week ago. 

"And if it doesn't work?" Jeremy asked, still skeptical as he looked at me expectantly. I sighed and bit my lip. I didn't know, I didn't even know if this was going to work. "Look... I don't know, but I want to try. They're my best friends, I can't just leave them." I said, my voice dripping sadness as I looked at my shoes. 

I didn't even bring my agent suit. 

Sasha fiddled with his fingers as he talked. He was very shy, I could tell. "I get it, we've all been friends since we were little. We grew up together, he's like a brother to us... but, why do you need our help? I've never hit anyone before... and I don't know how to rescue people." Sasha asked, the question I've been waiting for this whole time. 

And for once I had an answer for them. 

"Because, it's like you said. You all are best friends, brothers even. And now, he's in danger, maybe even brainwashed. Now, I don't need you guys to fight. At all. I was just... Hoping you two would be able to talk some sense into him if he was brainwashed..." I explained, trying my best to sound confident in what they would be used for. 

Although saying I was confident would just be lying to myself. I was just going with the flow at this point, there was no plan. 

"Count me in." Jeremy said quickly, his eyes burning with determination. "I'm not gonna let my friend be brainwashed while I sit here and do nothing, not happening." He said, finally letting go of Sasha's hand. 

I went to say something, but Sasha cut me off. "I want to join too. I don't want to fight or whatever," he shook his head, "I just want to save him." He said, his voice ridding of the shyness and quietness which surprised me since he's only talked in low mutters. 

I gave a small smile, my gaze flickering between the two of them. "You're serious?" I asked, pushing a tentacle out of my face as an evening breeze swept through reminding me it was pitch black outside. 

Jeremy nodded, a grin playing on his lips as he held Sasha's hand tightly in his own again. "No doubt about it, he's our friend! He goes missing, we go and save his butt!" 

(3 Day Time skip! Inkopolis Square, Octo Canyon) 

Letting the two Inklings meet Callie was a little bit of sunshine in the rain. Turns out, both them would've picked her for the final Splatfest if they'd known the Squidsisters at the time. 

"She is so much fun!" 

"She isn't a total jerk like celebrities in Inktopia are..." 

Now, three days later, we sat in the Cabin discussing possible plans for getting Sarah and Aaron back. We figured Marie sent Octolings to Octo Canyon, which is how they captured Sarah, so she could come to Inktopia to capture me, but must've settled on Aaron since he was most vulnerable or something.