Chapter 9: Pain and Love

"It's okay..." 

_________________________________________________________

(Agent 8/Lavender POV) 

I watched Aaron trudge to his room, not eating or anything, I went to say something but, decided to stay quiet. I couldn't imagine how exhausted he must be. 

 I walked to the kitchen, remembering that I couldn't cook even if my life depended on it. I fell to one of the two chairs that sat at the table. 

I let my thoughts elsewhere as sleep caught up with me. I thought about the weird feeling I get around Aaron. 

What was it? 

Surely it can't be love...right? 

Maybe Marie was right. Maybe I did have feelings for the green Inkling, as crazy as it sounded. And honestly, I'm glad I might. He's amazing. 

I know I talk about him a lot, and everything I say about him is good. Like, he has no flaws. Maybe...maybe that's a sign of love. 

And the feelings... 

The fulttery, bubbly feeling I get every time I lay eyes on him. The way the room seems to heat up, making me sweat. The fidgety feeling every time he speaks to me. 

Love... 

What a peculiar feeling. 

I felt my eyes slowly start to droop close, signalling that, I was tired. I stood up with a yawn and stretch. I could feel my stiff muscles stretching out. 

I wandered to the living room, almost tripping over my own feet due to tiredness. I fell to the couch with a sigh, the springs making some sort of sound I paid no attention to. 

I let my eyes droop close with one last, final thought. 

'I'm in love with Aaron Mason.' 

_________________________________________________________

My eyes fluttered open thanks to Aaron's obnoxious alarm that's been going off for 10 minutes now. 

I sat up and observed my surroundings, it took a minute for it to finally click for where I was. 

Aaron's apartment. 

I sat up with a yawn, stretched, then rubbed my eyes with another yawn as I tried to wake myself up. After that failed attempt, I swung my legs over the couch and wandered to Aaron's room. 

I pushed the door open, making a slight squeak as it glided open. I blinked and rubbed my eyes, sure I was seeing things. 

Aaron was still out cold...on the floor...face first... 

I made my way over and sure enough he was laying face first on the ground. 

He had the blanket covering his waist, leaving his upper body and legs exposed. He was snoring, louder than the alarm which shocked me. He also had a small puddle of drool by his mouth, making me silently laugh. 

I realized he was wearing a tank-top...with pants, the pant legs rolled up. I shook my head with a smile and turned off his alarm. 

Aaron could be so...something....sometimes. 

I started to turn around but, something teal-ish green caught my eye. Curious, I took a closer look. 

Then I saw it. 

I gasped at the sight. The horrible, terrifying sight. 

His whole lower right leg was teal-ish green. 'The same color as Sanitized ink...' I realized, the thought hitting me like a punch to the face.