Chapter 6: The Escape, Phase 2

(Agent 4/Aaron POV)

I was going to save them.

No matter what.

_________________________________________________________

Me, Emi, and Aki sprinted down the extremely long hallway. It seemed to be never ending, the same pattern repeating over and over again.

I glanced over my shoulder and saw Emi still holding Aki's hand as she urged him to move faster. 

"Wait..." I mumbled as I stopped dead in my tracks, my feet slightly skidding across the floor as Emi bumped into me.

"What is it?" She asked me, worry in her voice. "This hallway, it's long. Way too long." I mumbled, confused on how a hallway could be so long.

"We're walking in circles!" Aki exclaimed, a slight rasp to his voice as if he were about to cry.

Which, I wouldn't blame him if he did. At this moment, it was quite tempting to curl up into a ball on the floor and cry.

But crying wasn't going to help.

I spun in a circle as I inspected my surroundings.

Aki was right.

We were walking in circles, but how? The hallway was completely straight...right? Or were we really walking in an actual circle?

No, I would've known if we turned anywhere. We didn't turn at all, we were running straight the whole time.

"It's an illusion of some sort..." I trailed off as I looked at my surroundings again. It was the same hallways we had used to hide from Jezebel earlier.

"How is that possible?" Emi asked me as she let go of Aki's hand and rubbed her arms. "It's not possible. It's all fake, a never-ending cycle." I swirled my finger in circles in the air.

"But, how?" Emi asked. I sighed and rubbed the bridge of my nose in frustration. "I dunno...maybe some sort of Octarian tech?"

"W-we're never gonna g-get home, are we?" Aki asked, his eyes now brimmed with tears. I knelt down and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm gonna get you out, no matter what. You just have to be brave and work with me, okay?" I reassured him. Aki sniffled then wiped his tears away with his sleeve then nodded.

"Come here." I pulled Aki into a hug as I gently patted his back. I couldn't imagine being trapped with two strangers as a whole other species kept trying to kill him.

Well, I guess I could in a way... 

I sighed then pulled away from Aki, glancing at Emi, who gave me a reassuring nod. I pushed myself from the ground and once again inspected my surroundings.

"Hmmm..." I mumbled in thought as I walked over to the left wall. I let my hands roam the wall, searching for anything that could get us out of this never-ending marathon.

Suddenly, I felt my hand go over a square bump then slightly sink into the wall. The square shot out of the wall, making me yelp in surprise as I fell back, hitting the ground.

The square, well cube, bounced and shook as it slowly changed from the cementy color it was to a bright, electronic blue.

"What is that!?" Aki cried as he hid behind Emi, clutching the ends of her jacket. I stood up and took a cautious step towards the blue cube thing.

Suddenly, a blue hologram version of Jezebel sprouted from the Cube, the Cube itself now floating in mid-air.

Hologram Jezebel laughed. "So, how do you like my Infinity-Hall?" She asked after her laughing fit ended