Chapter 10: Confessions Confessions

(Agent 4/Aaron POV) 

"Hey Aaron, what's love?" 

_________________________________________________________

I stopped mid bite and stared at Lavender with wide-eyes. Why did she want to know about love? 

"Why?" I asked as I placed my fork back on my plate. "Well, there's this boy...and I think I love him but, I'm not sure." 

I felt my heart sink, an incredible amount of jealousy and sadness welling up in my chest. 

"Hey, you OK?" I heard Lavender ask me. "Yeah, I'm fine." I mumbled, avoiding her gaze. "So, how do I know if I love him or not?" 

I really wanted to shout, "You figure it out!" but, I knew that would be rude so, I didn't. 

Why was I acting so jealous? 

Because, I have strong feelings for the neon pink Octoling. 

Everything about her is perfect, she has no flaws. She could make a plan in a matter of seconds. She knows just what to say at just the right moment. And don't get me started on her beauty. 

But, now she likes someone else, not me. 

"Do you feel...fidgety around him? Find it hard to talk?" I asked, unable to hide the sadness in my voice. 

She nodded, a faint smile on her lips. "OK...do you feel unusually hot around him?" I asked, earning another nod. 

"Do you get flustered when someone says something about you and him? Like when they say you guys would look cute together?" I asked, praying she would say no. 

She gave it some thought. 

Then nodded. 

I sighed. 

She definitely liked this boy, much to my dislike. 

"Yeah, you like him..." I mumbled as I grabbed my plate and fork, throwing away the last pancake, and put them in the sink. 

"What's wrong?" Lavender asked me, her doing the same thing. "Just...lost my appetite." I mumbled over my shoulder as I trudged to my room, closing the door behind me. 

Great. 

Now I have a broken heart and I have to give heart-breaking news to Aki's parents. 

Just great. 

I picked up my blanket from off the floor and threw it on my bed, not bothering to make it. I pushed my chair back underneath my desk with a sigh. 

I picked my phone, gripping it so hard my knuckles turned white. I honestly thought it would break from my grip. 

I quickly typed Marina's number and called her, lightly tapping my foot on the floor so I didn't throw the phone in anger or sadness. Or both. 

In a matter of seconds, she picked up. 

Marina: Hello? 
Aaron: Hey Marina... 
Marina: OH MY GOSH AARON YOU'RE OK! 
Aaron: Eardrums... 
Marina: Sorry, I'm just so relieved you're OK! Anyways watch'ya need? 
Aaron: You know that Aki boy? 
Marina: Yeah, was he with you? 

Aaron: I need his last name. 
Marina: Why? What's wrong? 
Aaron: Just...just give me the last name... 
Marina: Oh my cod...I...yeah, yeah OK it's Romero. 
Aaron: Thanks... 

I hung up, tears brimming my eyes as I searched his family's name. Turns out, his parents were divorced, his dad was in Splatsville and he was visiting his mom in Inkopolis.